Dress Code

WA Girl

Hi this will be our first time cruise in the Mediterranean on MSC Fantasia next year. Just wondering how strict they are on there dress code at dinner in the MDR, buffet, and in particular, public areas after 6pm :confused:

Hi this will be our first time cruise in the Mediterranean on MSC Fantasia next year. Just wondering how strict they are on there dress code at dinner in the MDR, buffet, and in particular, public areas after 6pm :confused:

My experience is that MSC don't enforce any of their policies. The dress code is self-policed. If you breach it you will get many disapproving looks from your fellow guests.

Dress tends to be more casual in the buffet (as you'd expect) than in the MDR. Although one night when I skipped a formal night (wasn't feeling great otherwise would definitely have been in the MDR) I was surprised to see some of the passengers in the buffet wearing formal wear.

Generally speaking, us Europeans tend to change for dinner regardless of what the dress code that evening is and it's more likely to see people better dressed on second sitting (no doubt because they've not just rushed back from an excursion, nor are there so many young families with kids).

Pull see a range of interpretations of the dress code, for sure. Italians always seem to look fantastic regardless of what they are actually wearing.

Italians always seem to look fantastic regardless of what they are actually wearing.

I agree there. I have found myself studying Italians trying to work out what it is that makes them look so smart. They are usually very crisply dressed - everything perfectly fitting and very good quality - and often dress in darker shades if not in black. Then the city dwellers of Italy spend their money on looking good and being out. Their 'homes' are just to sleep in. Plus there is that Mediterranean complexion and hair.... I think I would like to come back as an Italian.

I agree there. I have found myself studying Italians trying to work out what it is that makes them look so smart. They are usually very crisply dressed - everything perfectly fitting and very good quality - and often dress in darker shades if not in black. Then the city dwellers of Italy spend their money on looking good and being out. Their 'homes' are just to sleep in. Plus there is that Mediterranean complexion and hair.... I think I would like to come back as an Italian.

I married two of them!