Does FFTF trump Platinum?

Forchunut1

(Ooops - type on the FTTF!!!) :-)

I haven't cruised since they implemented FTTF. But, I was reading a post by someone who seemed to indicate that those with FTTF actually get on the ship before Platinum cruisers. Is that true? I could see both boarding as part of the same group, but am surprised if they actually have priority over Platinum. Or maybe it just depends on which ship?

Just curious to see what others have experienced? :confused:

Edited by Forchunut1

FTTF are "not suppose" to board before Plats and Diamonds.

The reality is that it happens all the time depending on the port.

The worst offending port reported is surprisingly Miami. You would think they would be the ones that would do it right. In Miami a Diamond was told to go to the end of the line while a FTTF was issued to the front of the line.

Sadly that is Carnival....sometimes they can mess up toast.

Happened to us in New Orleans many times but now they have remodeled the terminal and friends who have sailed the new remodel said the problem as been fixed.

FTTF is suppose to board AFTER platinum. however, the morons at some ports don't seem to grasp the idea that, that is how its suppose to work. Jacksonville made the announcement that platinum/diamond and suite guests will board first, then FTTF, however, some of the guests that wont listen to instructions didn't listen so it became a huge cluster F. Port Canaveral did it right and last time I sailed out of Miami did it right too

getting on the Legend in Tampa. announcement Diamonds first then platinum then FTTF (no wedding parties that day) As I got to door a gentleman (not really one) pushed me and my walker aside and said I

paid $50 to be the first on the ship so move out of my way.

Edited by dotheyes

There are sooooooooo many FTTF threads, but I haven't seen any that state or suggest FTTF goes before Platimum/diamond members. The rules state they board after Carnival's platinum/diamonds, but if port employees don't manage things according I suppose some might board when they aren't supposed to. In August, Port Canaveral was spot on with boarding and had people in the right order.

There's no difference really. In some of the ports your in the same lounge as Diamond Platinum's and you get into the same long line while boarding.

So if anything your like five seconds behind them, not much time to even speak of.

LOL this is what I tell my students lining up for lunch!

getting on the Legend in Tampa. announcement Diamonds first then platinum then FTTF (no wedding parties that day) As I got to door a gentleman (not really one) pushed me and my walker aside and said I

wow

The worst offending port reported is surprisingly Miami. You would think they would be the ones that would do it right. In Miami a Diamond was told to go to the end of the line while a FTTF was issued to the front of the line.

Happened to us in New Orleans many times but now they have remodeled the terminal and friends who have sailed the new remodel said the problem as been fixed.

Sad when they dont even follow their own rules and let fft get to the head of the line.

You were in a walker and he cut in front of you? Rude! This is a case where Carnival employees should intervene.

IMO, it's been done right only in NOLA. FTTF doesn't have access to the VIP lounge and are cordoned off in their own seating area and don't get to board until after the D/P cruisers are on their way.

In Miami and Galveston they do utilize the VIP lounge and there doesn't seem to be any separation.

One other group that gets to board at the same time as Platinum/Diamond is handicapped or passengers with mobility issues. The irritating and oh-so-peeve-people-off thing happened on the Conquest. Grandma was in a wheelchair and gramps was pushing her. They deserved to have priority boarding, but they were travelling with the whole family, around 15 other people and Carnival let the rest of the family go onboard at the same time with granny and gramps. I don't know of any cabins on the ship that can accommodate close to 20 people.....yep, and none of family were in the Platinum or Diamond waiting area either. When boarding started they got up and went to granny/gramps side and the Carnival rep NEVER stopped them and told them to wait....

Another case I recall was on the Glory in 2010 when a couple was travelling with three other couples and the one couple was Platinum. The VIP lounge wouldn't let the three other couples in the lounge and the Platinum/Diamond couple made a huge stink of it. They eventually were told that the one couple could board but others would have to wait, or the one couple could wait with the other three to board...

On my recent cruises, Tampa, and Port Canaveral did it correctly, and with courtesy, but Miami put all the Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF together, and they all boarded at the same time. :confused:

"SKY"

This was our exact experience in Miami 3 weeks ago, it was a cluster....

Out of the 300 threads on the subject, I haven't see one that indicates FTTF boards before platinum/diamond. In Long Beach, FTTF gets on after platinum/diamond.

On our Magic cruise 10/2013 we ( FTTF ) were boarded WITH Platinum.

Not sure what the "norm" is.. just my experience

Actually, the port employees are NOT employed by Carnival or the other cruise lines. They work for the port authorities, which is why I think things often get messed up.

IMO, it's been done right only in NOLA. FTTF doesn't have access to the VIP lounge and are cordoned off in their own seating area and don't get to board until after the D/P cruisers are on their way.

In Miami and Galveston they do utilize the VIP lounge and there doesn't seem to be any separation.

We cruised out of Miami the end of October and the FTTF people were not allowed to stay in the VIP room and we boarded before them as well. Have always had great boarding experience in Miami.

Magic FTTF boarded with diamond and platinum in November. We were Platinum on that cruise.

Freedom in Feb boarded diamond, platinum, and then FTTF. We were FTTF on that cruise and I was standing in the wrong place when I got called down by staff. I was waiting but too close to their line.. yikes..we did not wait in their lounge.

We did FTTF on our last cruise and can confirm that FTTF does NOT give you access to the VIP lounge. That's reserved for Diamond and Platinum guests. As someone else mentioned, FTTF guests are in a cordoned off area next to the main boarding area. We were given a card that said "Priority Boarding."

We did FTTF on our last cruise and can confirm that FTTF does NOT give you access to the VIP lounge. That's reserved for Diamond and Platinum guests. As someone else mentioned, FTTF guests are in a cordoned off area next to the main boarding area. We were given a card that said "Priority Boarding."

Which port was this? In Miami we were mixed, the room was packed so they moved us up to another area close to where the rest of the cruisers were seated. When they called us to board, they called all of us, including the FTTF cruisers. It was a mixed boarding of Diam/Plat/Suite/FTTF.

This is precisely why many of us who are platinum or diamond are very unhappy about FTTF. It diminishes the perks we paid thousands of dollars to obtain, especially for us because we always book suites. VIFP diminished the perks for platinum now FTTF diminishes them more. I have no problem with FTTF but they should have a separate line which insures they board after the diamond and platinum cruisers. This is one of the reasons many of us have decided to start paying more for other lines. Also, people who book suites deserve to board before FTTF as well!!! They are paying significantly more for their staterooms with priority boarding as the only perk. At least on other cruise lines, suite passengers get real perks.