FLL - Bahia Mar Beach Resort

mrlarry

I have been trying over the past few weeks to use Priceline for out Sept 1-2 stay at FLL. Bid $ 55.00 for 2.5 stars downtown hoping for Ameisuites. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites and Holiday Inn Express on 17th before.

At $55.00 they upgrated me to 3* for the Bahia Mar.

I have read mixed reivews, has anyone stayed there within the past few weeks? Any comments??

Thanks,

Larry

I think you did very well. I won this hotel on priceline for this past March and had to bid $100. We found this hotel to be very good for the money. Its an older hotel, but our room we found to be very clean. Its across the street from the beach. There is a catwalk that takes you to the beach so you don't have to cross the street. There is also a very nice breakfast buffet there located in the hotel itself. There is also a nice deli/convenience store that is attached to the hotel itself as well. This is a great place to get coffee in the morning if you don't want the full breakfast.

This hotel does not offer any shuttles, so your on your own for transportation from the airport and to the pier. We asked our bell boy to get us transportation to the pier since there was 5 of us and we didn't want to take 2 cabs. He was great, the people there are very helpful.

This hotel is also on the water taxi line if you want to take a ride to Olas Blvd. where there are plenty of restaurants to eat at or stores to shop.

I think you did very well with $55 winning bid for this hotel.

Larry, I agree. We found the hotel to be clean, I hope you do as well. I would definately not be disappointed if I received this hotel through priceline again in the near future.

Enjoy your cruise.

I got this hotel through Priceline for $47 on my first bid. Never have done Priceline before so I was hesitant to bid higher. That was 3 weeks ago. We are staying there the 5th of August. I was hoping for the Marriott Marina or one of the Sheratons. Oh well. With tax the total was $59 and change. I think that's acceptable. :)

Mick1234, the Radisson has no shuttles. We took 2 cabs, from the airport to the hotel, which I believe cost around $15 per cab ride, plus tip. They did not have a shuttle to the pier the next day, but we had 5 people and talked to one of the bellmen, he arranged to have a van pick us up and take us to the pier. If its just 2 of you, I would just hop in a cab, the bellmen there can help you get a cab to the pier. There is a very nice restaurant that has a great breakfast buffet, I think the cost was $12 per person, it was very good. You'll enjoy this hotel and the beach right across the street.

I don't believe any hotel will allow 5 people in a room unless its a suite. We had 5 adults and bid 2 rooms, 3 in one room and the other 2 in the other. On priceline, you can bid upto 4 rooms at a time. You may want to bid for 3 rooms for your party to be on the safe side.

doone, thanks for your help. i think i accidently asked you this same question on another thread because i couldn't find this one for some reason. anyway, there are 8 of us so i guess we'll get 2 cabs. thanks again

Archived