1,800 good reviews of Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes... but the 35 bad ones scare me

pokerpro5

Just finished reading your review and it was great. Will be there in January on the Caribbean Princess (two Carnival ships in port also). Will probably go with this company.

Question: We are only going to do the zip line and cave tubing, is there a minimum number of people needed to do the tour? There will be only 3 of us.

Thanks,

Bill

You'd have to ask them but I don't think there is any minimum. I think they just group the people together that are doing like events and then take them in a van. We were the only ones doing all three so we didn't have anyone else with us. They were great about replying to emails if you want to ask

so this is a side but while I'm on the forum with cavetubing vets, would you do cavetubing in your first trimester of pregnancy?

I can't imagine it would be an issue. There is no jarring or strenuous activity the river is smooth and slow but you are walking about 1/2 hour, it's nice and flat though.

The 1,800+ positive reviews were solicited by him during the tours, where basically he asks only happy customers to review him. Legal by the review site policies, but very shady and ends up providing inaccurate reviews for the public.

I so sorry you had a bad deal and felt cheated. As far as you saying positive reviews by happy customers are shady. Of course he's going to mention to write a review, that's going to happen. Nothing shady about it, he isn't offering any reward for doing it or anything that would make it shady or untrue.

• 1 year later...

My sister and I are just back from our Western Caribbean on the Magic. We booked cave tubing with Vitalino Reyes on cavetubing.biz. I was not happy. We were supposed to meet at a certain spot outside terminal 1, which we did. There were two men there with the yellow shirts and cavetubing.biz logo, holding cavetubing.biz signs. We showed our confirmation and were directed to wait. When six other people joined us, we were introduced to our "guides", Leonardo Diaz and Dennis (the menace). We had to sneak out the back side of the terminal to get into an unmarked van, once underway, we were told that we were cave tubing with "King Adventure Tours" . This was happening while guide Leonardo was pulling on a long sleeved shirt over the yellow cavetubing.bz shirt.....people were asking him if he were cold. On the ride, Leonardo stated that we would do the zip lining first. Four in our group said they did not sign up for zip lining, but we were told that was ok.

Once we arrived at the site for cave tubing....the zip line people were carried away and Leonardo went with them. Then Dennis went to the rental booths and got the tubes and lights and life preservers for the four of us that were cave tubing. I saw buses and vans there with "Cavetubing.bz" all over them, and people carrying tubes with the same. DEnnis led us on a LONG hike, stopping every two feet or so for some information on native plants and animals. At first it was very interesting but then it began to dawn on me that he was deliberately wasting time, while hundreds of people passed us on the trail with their tubes. One. We got to the river, we stood there for almost and hour waiting for Leonardo and the other group to catch up to us. My sister was tired, and I was angry, as I had booked this excursion after emailing Mr. Reyes, and discussing our situation. He told me we would only do the one thing and be back at the pier with plenty of time, since we would only do the one activity. FINally Leonardo showed up, after Dennis left the entire group standing on the riverbank for the hour, and went looking for him. We proceeded down the river on a 20 minute trip, got out of the water, and were sent to the "lunch" at shortly after 2 PM. I was so pissed I said I would wait in the van. The guides "seemed" concerned and sent me out a bottle of water from the lunch area. After lunch everyone boarded the van and we set off for the pier shortly after 3, with a last tender time of 4:15. There was one more stop at a plywood and cardboard "store" where Dennis went in and brought out plastic cups and a gallon of "rum punch" mixed up in a cranberry juice container. I did not partake so can't say how it was.

The trip back was at exceedingly high speeds with lots of thrilling (not) passing. We made it back to the pier in time to RUN through security and make the last tender back (barely).

The next morning I had an email from Mr. REyes asking if we were all right , since his Guides waited for us and we did not show up. I told him that we had shown up and had not had a great experience. He claims someone stole his business. My sister did take a picture of the Guides and signs we approached at the terminal, so I sent that to him. At this point I am not sure what the truth is, but I would not book with this company again.

My sister and I are just back from our Western Caribbean on the Magic. We booked cave tubing with Vitalino Reyes on cavetubing.biz. I was not happy. We were supposed to meet at a certain spot outside terminal 1, which we did. There were two men there with the yellow shirts and cavetubing.biz logo, holding cavetubing.biz signs. We showed our confirmation and were directed to wait. When six other people joined us, we were introduced to our "guides", Leonardo Diaz and Dennis (the menace). We had to sneak out the back side of the terminal to get into an unmarked van, once underway, we were told that we were cave tubing with "King Adventure Tours" . This was happening while guide Leonardo was pulling on a long sleeved shirt over the yellow cavetubing.bz shirt.....people were asking him if he were cold. On the ride, Leonardo stated that we would do the zip lining first. Four in our group said they did not sign up for zip lining, but we were told that was ok.

Once we arrived at the site for cave tubing....the zip line people were carried away and Leonardo went with them. Then Dennis went to the rental booths and got the tubes and lights and life preservers for the four of us that were cave tubing. I saw buses and vans there with "Cavetubing.bz" all over them, and people carrying tubes with the same. DEnnis led us on a LONG hike, stopping every two feet or so for some information on native plants and animals. At first it was very interesting but then it began to dawn on me that he was deliberately wasting time, while hundreds of people passed us on the trail with their tubes. One. We got to the river, we stood there for almost and hour waiting for Leonardo and the other group to catch up to us. My sister was tired, and I was angry, as I had booked this excursion after emailing Mr. Reyes, and discussing our situation. He told me we would only do the one thing and be back at the pier with plenty of time, since we would only do the one activity. FINally Leonardo showed up, after Dennis left the entire group standing on the riverbank for the hour, and went looking for him. We proceeded down the river on a 20 minute trip, got out of the water, and were sent to the "lunch" at shortly after 2 PM. I was so pissed I said I would wait in the van. The guides "seemed" concerned and sent me out a bottle of water from the lunch area. After lunch everyone boarded the van and we set off for the pier shortly after 3, with a last tender time of 4:15. There was one more stop at a plywood and cardboard "store" where Dennis went in and brought out plastic cups and a gallon of "rum punch" mixed up in a cranberry juice container. I did not partake so can't say how it was.

The trip back was at exceedingly high speeds with lots of thrilling (not) passing. We made it back to the pier in time to RUN through security and make the last tender back (barely).

The next morning I had an email from Mr. REyes asking if we were all right , since his Guides waited for us and we did not show up. I told him that we had shown up and had not had a great experience. He claims someone stole his business. My sister did take a picture of the Guides and signs we approached at the terminal, so I sent that to him. At this point I am not sure what the truth is, but I would not book with this company again.

WOW,, I would not have been Happy either!

sorry to hear you weren't happy...

we were on Magic , last week of feb 25? I think ...2017, cave tubing in Belize with dot BZ .. group of 8 ... and we experienced a bit of difference than before...

they added a couple who were on another excursion like zip or repelling to our tubing bus,, ... this wasn't the best way to have 2 groups make use of the same bus.... but WE got to the river in short order... no noticeable delay....

at the river..

from what I over heard of their explanation,, I think the other couple got a poor ride,/ day/ trip... sigh.. I don't know tho..

my friend was told he would have a way to get to the "dock" without walking as he has a disability.. that was denied while we were standing at the tube shack...ready to go!

then we had to complain,, and refuse to continue.. ask for a refund,, then they came up with an alternate ..

out trip up river was different than the path as we took short cuts across the river ... which was ok..

but we stopped and got ready to get in at the rapids ... and in the past,, we have gone to the "dock"

so our river travel was shortened to 1 or 2 caves..

this was probably done as they were bringing our non walker up by TUBE ,, lol ,,, a guide actually swam up river towing him in his tube!!!

so we would have had to wait a longer time at the top.. or start at the middle,, sigh........

what ever,, it was best they could do at the time,, but they messed up by indicating they had alt transportation for invalids when we booked

then Vitalino met us at the Lunch stop to make sure we had way toooo much Rum so we would feel great ! lol ... good PR ,, but still awkward situation ... lots of kissing up..

things don't always go perfect ,, weather, low numbers on tour,, what ever.. so I have had to insist on what I wanted before..

it just makes it a sort of stained experience ...

we had fun! ... I'd do it again...

From your review... I would have to ask a lot more questions before I booked.......

sorry to hear you weren't happy...