Captain Sunshine Tours St Kitts

• 4 weeks later...

We used Captain Sunshine Tours in Nov and Kenny was very knowledgeable about the island and he did take us ALL over the island but be prepared to spend a little more money than just the tour price. One of the stops is in his neighborhood and his dad has a monkey that you kind of feel obligated in to taking pictures with the monkey for 5 dollars a pop and a nephew that talks about the volcanic rock then ask for donations. Just felt he would be better off not stopping in his "neighborhood". The stop at Brimstone Hill Fortress is very cool but Kenny should tell you ahead of time about the 10 dollar charge per person and give you the option to go or not, it was worth the money just a heads up would have been nice. And the stop at Wingfield estates was another 5 dollar per person surprise donation. All in all a very informative tour with just a few surprises along the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*I definitely agree with the previous poster about donating. Be ready to pay for more than the sticker price. Our group also stopped by the monkey stand and his house, where we met his daughter.

~Another thing to point out is the safety of the vehicle, we noticed that there were absolutely NO tire treads. We realized this after the tour. I'm unsure of how safe the vehicle is. On our specific tour, he didn't give us a whole lot of info. He then took us to the "jungle", but to be honest, i didn't see anything that i couldn't find here in my own backyard (Minnesota). All in all, none of us were very impressed. We traveled with 3 generations from ages 70 to 13.

-When he first approached us on the beach of the Marriott hotel, he seemed so informative and genuine. But once he picked us up from the hotel on the day of the trip, he was very bland and quiet. Just something to be aware of.

Instead of his "open air jungle tour", I would definitely do the Blue Water Safaris. It was excellent other than the snorkeling sites. Just a recommendation (other than Captain Sunshine's).