Yacht Club & main dining rooms

salvat55

On the Divina is there reserved area in the main dining rooms

( Villa Rossa or The Black Crab ) for Yacht Club members to

have diner if the choose and would that include complimentary drinks

the same in Yacht Club restaurant.

Thanks

If you are booked in the Yacht Club, You will not have a seat reserved for you in the main dining room - Your main dining room is the Yacht Club Restaurant.

When you see you're cruise card you will see that you have no seating time - this is because the Yacht Club Restaurant is open seating.

If by chance you have a friend in the MDR - you may ask to sit with them as long as they have the room to accommodate you.

We asked this specific question before the 11/23 sailing, as we were in YC and travelling with friends who wern't.

MSC told us before we left that the MDRs have specific areas set aside for YC members to come down to dine with friends. Great, so we booked YC.

Unfortunately, once we were onboard we found out this isn't the case. We wouldn't have worried about it except that we had specifically asked prior to booking YC. We didn't want to do this every night, just once or twice.

After a little back-and-forth, and speaking with an officer, our friends in the MDR were moved to a table that could accommodate our whole group. YC members do NOT get complimentary drinks in the MDR.

There is also the option of inviting friends to join you in La Muse. This is $20 pp. We were going to invite our friends to join us, but again they couldn't get a table to seat us all. There are limited tables and you will dine at the same table every night, so if you want to invite extra guests it will be dependent on them finding room. Give LOTS of notice (at least a day or 2) and even then it is not guaranteed.

I know the staff onboard were pretty frustrated with this. Hopefully they will speak with the call-center people to set them straight. I have to commend the onboard staff though, they did everything they could to accommodate us given that it was MSC who gave us inaccurate information. The normal concierge and reception people were a straight 'no'. But if you escalate issues higher up the chain, then they are very accommodating. Not sure how much of this was becase we were YC.

Edited by shunter2309

• 3 weeks later...
Did they ever do the baked alaska dessert in le muse. The MDR had a night where they paraded them in.

I wonder if you could ask for the baked alaska in le muse?

Just wondering.

Yes, the have it on one of the formal nights. I believe it was the same night they had lobster, but since it was Thanksgiving for us - I just had the turkey entree.