MSC Splendida out of Marseille December 2013

J-T-Travellers

Hello,

I'm exhausted from searching.

Can anyone help with this question?

How do we get from the Vieux Port area of Marseille to the MSC port on the 15th December?

On the MSC website it talks about a shuttle service to the city being available but no more information than that is to be found.

We need to be at the port early in order to check in and so forth.

Please help.

J

If you aren't able to find the information (or the shuttle that day), it's quite easy to get a taxi. In April we paid 15 or 20 Euros for that trip, for a minivan taxi for six of us (no luggage, as we had embarked in Genoa). Enjoy your cruise!

The shuttle bus parks in a side street and is not that obvious, or at least it did the time we got it in out out of the old town.

If I were you, I'd just get a taxi to the port. It will be obvious when you get to the port where the ship is given how large she is.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=593

Try look up in the relevant port forum of this board or other Marseille travel website.

From my experience, the taxi fare (also a mini van) was about 28 euro from the old port to cruise terminal. MSC ships are bigger, have to dock further away, not the Juliette terminal that's closer to the old port.

Apparently, there is also a free shuttle bus service between the cruise terminal and Juliette metro station. But you will need to walk about 15min from cruise terminal to get to the shuttle bus station.

I took the free port shuttle in October on the Preziosa.

There is lots of room for luggage and people disembarking were using it.

It was approx 10 minutes walk from the ship and is well sign posted. Literally just follow the line. Runs every half hour.

From where it drops you off you can get a taxi to the train station and from the train station there is a shuttle to the airport. I walked to the tourist area in the Old Port where the ship shuttles drop off. They charge I think 15 euros.

Obviously you would be doing it from the other direction so you might find it difficult to find the spot where you pick the shuttle up.

For that reason I agree best to take a taxi.