NCL Pride of America Studio Cabin

LSUlawgirl

Good luck with this inquiry.these cabins are new, and with only 4 of them on this ship,reviews and information are in short supply.i have been looking and asking for this info since the construction began.if you can wait, my cruise over the New Years holiday is coming up soon and I promise a short review with pics!

Good luck with this inquiry.these cabins are new, and with only 4 of them on this ship,reviews and information are in short supply.i have been looking and asking for this info since the construction began.if you can wait, my cruise over the New Years holiday is coming up soon and I promise a short review with pics!

Yes, they have only been selling those cabins since Sept? October? of this year.. and yes, there are only 4 of them (at present) on the 13th Deck.

Didn't really pay much attention to that ship before and just checked out some prices for studios. Yikes.

Must be the itinerary I guess. I think I'll pass on 2700 bucks for a studio. :eek:

It is the itinerary, the American crew, and the cost of goods and fuel transported to Hawaii. Our POA balcony this year was only $1000 less than the Jewel OS in 2012. We booked 15 mos. out and the price never went down.

el henry

Visiting Hawaii has been a dream of mine for a long time, but I've always had a problem trying to find somebody to travel with me. Having previously sailed in a solo studio on the Norwegian Epic, I was so excited to learn that the POA was adding some solo studios as well. Worried that these might sell out quickly, I booked back in February for May 2014 cruise. The rate of $2200 was the most that I ever have ever paid for a cruise, but for me, it's worth it. Sure, I'd love to have a balcony, but on my own, it would be over $4000. Since this may be a once-in-a-lifetime trip (although I hope not), I've added a few days in Oahu to stretch out my vacation. I am really looking forward to this, as traveling on my own will allow me to do whatever I like and see what I want to see. I checked online recently and most of the solo studios have sold out. So there is obviously a demand for them.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Visiting Hawaii has been a dream of mine for a long time, but I've always had a problem trying to find somebody to travel with me.

You are sailing a week after we do .......... I think May will be a fabulous month to see the Islands, it's between Spring Break and summer vacation rush.

The POA itinerary is so PORT INTENSIVE, you won't be in your cabin much anyhow.

It is an expensive cruise - our Suite was $10,200 after taxes etc .. but we are splitting it 4 ways, so it came out to $2550 a person. We are spending a couple of days pre-cruise in Oahu as well...

• 4 weeks later...

Ted,

Interested in hearing about your trip on Pride of America, am thinking about that trip at the end of 2014. Just got back from the Christmas Cruise on the Breakaway, enjoyed it but not as much as last year's EPIC xmas cruise (where we met, by the way). Hope you enjoyed Hawaii. Molly

Edited by MacDFW

I am looking for reviews about the new studio cabins on the Pride of America. This is not an option in the cabin reviews list.

Here's a photo of one taken a few weeks ago. My cousin stayed in it. Only issue he had was that the "porthole" didn't want to stay closed.

No, it wasn't that color all the time, was very white.

He liked it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Forums mobile app

1388527340498.jpg.5415eb00a18eef03b41ef03a2a483f37.jpg

I am looking for reviews about the new studio cabins on the Pride of America. This is not an option in the cabin reviews list.

I'm booked on a Studio cabin on POA as well. curious to see what others think. They've been a hit on other NCL ships. Even Royal Caribbean is now adding single studio's to it's new builds as well as some of the older ships.

I'm booked on a Studio cabin on POA as well. curious to see what others think. They've been a hit on other NCL ships. Even Royal Caribbean is now adding single studio's to it's new builds as well as some of the older ships.

What a concept...single people actually like to travel:roll eyes: Hopefully with the success of these cabins on the newer NCL ships they will add them to all their ships as they go in for overhaul. (I understand it is not practical to pull a ship out of service for a week or so to reconfigure for single cabins, but hopefully they will see they might be able to corner the market on them and be ahead of the curve)