Cruise Review - Divina 11/23/13 (Yacht Club)

mrstrod

being in the YC, I was only asked for my card once At the one pool for an Imperial Cocktail, when I pointed it out in the free menu, I was offered an apology,. my daughter wanted a wine at the Le Muse and never asked for her card.

Hold up. Nobody said you lied. I'm basing it off of 2 conversations with reservations staff. Also off of this link posted on this forum in the past of a YC bar menu. The first few pages are included drinks and then you get to the "Connoisseurs" section where it shows premium drinks for extra $$$

Like I said though, it might have changed.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9!1230#cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9!1230&v=3

Yes, that does help. Thanks.

Another question - were you supplied wash cloths? Have read that they are not as in Europe. We had to take our own on a recent tour of Greece.

I was in the Yacht Club. So I had wash cloths every day. But I am not sure about the other cabins. I would assume the same were supplied to them.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, great review, can I ask did they make up the sofa bed every day or did they leave it out set up as a bed? Sofa by day and bed by night so to speak.

We will be doing a quad yc 15013 next Christmas. Our kids are younger than yours so your review that the bed was big enough for 2 was helpful.

Thanks

Hi, great review, can I ask did they make up the sofa bed every day or did they leave it out set up as a bed? Sofa by day and bed by night so to speak.

We will be doing a quad yc 15013 next Christmas. Our kids are younger than yours so your review that the bed was big enough for 2 was helpful.

Thanks

They changed it over every morning and night. But if you prefer it to stay opened they would probably leave if you asked.

They changed it over every morning and night. But if you prefer it to stay opened they would probably leave if you asked.

Oh no, I want the couch during the day and not the bed.

Our last cruise was a family suite on NCL which had a sofa bed and a murphy bed that folded out from the wall.

They put the murphy bed back every day but if they put the sofa bed out, they usually wanted it to stay in bed form. We wanted the couch so my DD7 simply slept on the couch and was fine.

thanks

Oh no, I want the couch during the day and not the bed.

Our last cruise was a family suite on NCL which had a sofa bed and a murphy bed that folded out from the wall.

They put the murphy bed back every day but if they put the sofa bed out, they usually wanted it to stay in bed form. We wanted the couch so my DD7 simply slept on the couch and was fine.

thanks

Yeah, we like it changed to a couch too - easier to move around and all. I remember that on NCL Jewel, the same thing happened to use, they always left the couch set to a bed. After day 3 of asking we gave up - perhaps it's an NCL thing? If for some reason they don't do it in the yacht club- just ask, they are very accommodating! Heck you paid for the room it should be how you like it!

Yeah, we like it changed to a couch too - easier to move around and all. I remember that on NCL Jewel, the same thing happened to use, they always left the couch set to a bed. After day 3 of asking we gave up - perhaps it's an NCL thing? If for some reason they don't do it in the yacht club- just ask, they are very accommodating! Heck you paid for the room it should be how you like it!

How does the NCL suite compare to the YC? I know the room will be smaller but it looks like the YC blows away the perks on NCL.

And we loved the SJ suite we had on the Dawn and cagny's for lunch and breakfast. Especially breakfast.

I have been on both, the NCL Gem, the bathroom was unbeatable with the tub with the seaview and tv. The service was great on NCL, but the YC wins heads down. First of the NCL did not have an unlimited mini bar, or unlimited snacks 24 hours a day. The butlers had more cabins to cover on NCL which limited there time.

Had a excellent time on both , but I YC is great since you have an exclusive dining.

I have to agree with Alex - the suite may not be as lavish as on NCL but the perks of the yacht club can not be beat especially because of the value price you pay for the cushy perks you get!

Edited by mrstrod

Good to know, we are paying much more than we did on NCL for the family suite but we were going before the holidays and this time actually the week of christmas. So I understand the price premium but the service and the perks seemed to make up for any room deficencies.

Thanks to all

Edited by legion3