Another view of the Splendor

funtime238

I've seen the "push" ahead of the line too.And not letting you get out of the elevator before they pile un. I don't care where you come from or what the custom is (I guess the strong push ahead of the weak) it's still rude behavior. When in another country most of us try to abide by their rules.

I've seen the "push" ahead of the line too.And not letting you get out of the elevator before they pile un. I don't care where you come from or what the custom is (I guess the strong push ahead of the weak) it's still rude behavior. When in another country most of us try to abide by their rules.

Ive seen this. Not everyone is respectful.

Its all about me, me, me and only ME!

Oh well!

Sorry, no help on the ports. We don't get off the ship. The cruise to us is really like an all inclusive vacation. I go for the pampering.and maybe, shhh, the food! Anyone on the 1/28 trip?

ME!!! Im on the 1/28 cruise......and Im counting down the days.

I want to know more about The QUEST scavenger hunt.....anyone have details???

Ahhhhhh, the Quest. Yes, we all have details....No, we won't share them. It would ruin it for everyone if you knew the things you need. But don't worry. You will have most with you. Just bring an open mind, some laughs, and running shoes. Join up in groups of about 8 to 10. Yes, it is fun when you know everyone, but even funnier when you don't. Join into multi generational groups. Did I mention to bring a sense of humor? Soooooo much laughter !

On board activities that we saw were

Hairy Chest competition- much more than looking at men with their muscles showing. Lol...that's all I am saying....

Piano Bar- Simply relaxing.. A must see at least once

Cool club- not for me as I don't smoke, but it is nice there is a place like this on board

Miniature golf, basketball court- fun to watch the " big kids" as well as the young

Card playing- lots of friends just sitting, enjoying the day

Bingo- About 50 people per session, sometimes up to 75. Seems to be enjoyable to those playing.

Art shows and auctions, again, seems to be a decent following

Pools- not sure why the complaints, never seemed full. 4-5 Giggling kids, and young moms sitting on the edge of the pool watching them

Hot tubs- full except on port days, but interesting to see time delay coming and goings.

Chair hogs, or at least that one designee who never seems to relax, as she, almost always a she, is always watching for towel snatchers...haha, too funny on a ship with so many other places to lounge. Never did think the sun only shines by the pool area.

Steakhouse demonstrations, towel animal art, behind the scenes tours, walking the deck near the bow.

Lots and lots of trivia, but don't plan on winning. That is reserved for the couple who comes with the OTHER ships on a sticks they have won for trivia. Way funny!

Walking the halls just watching the staff. I find it amazing watching the organization work. What a huge undertaking.

Music everywhere. Guitar player, a few different bands, piano bar, piped in music by the pool. Huge screen by pool for sights and sounds, a few recent release movies that tend to either have a hundred people watching, or absolutely none. not sure why, but it could be I saw this at midnight.haha

24 hour pizza with the same server seemingly always there. The pool grill popping open at odd night time hours. Maybe he could not sleep?

Teens trying out their moves......such innocence, they must have watched "Grease" before coming on the cruise. Security trying to blend in to the scene without being obvious.

Kids from Camp Carnival doing scavenger hunts. Walkie talking to their friends, or maybe their moms?

Unfortunately, mean girl trios. Why are they always in threes. Usually only one set on a cruise. So odd.

No one noticing or caring about the mean girl trio, except the mean girl trio.

The young boy who is very, very shy, but finally gets to the edge of the dance floor and bobs. By the end of the night is right in the mix.

That person... Who MUST get sunburned ...to prove to his coworkers back home that he had fun?

Karaoke with some great singers, some sweet kids, some people just having fun with their friends,,, and always... The guy who lost a bet.

Sports bar with fans cheering good naturely for their favorite team. Lots of people who insist they know more than the coach.

Lots of pretty drinks.

People walking the track, working out in the gym. Volleyball teams set up. Water slides. Spa work out area.

Ladies coming out of spa with beautiful smiles, new hairdos, facial things I don't understand.

YMCA played. Good place to end for today.

"Unfortunately, mean girl trios. Why are they always in threes. Usually only one set on a cruise. So odd.

No one noticing or caring about the mean girl trio, except the mean girl trio."

THATS GREAT!!!!!.....and so true!!!

Thanks fro your thoughts on the Splendor. I was a little worried after seeing the "other" review. Most of the complaints were out of Carnivals hands tho.

The "other review" wants the Cunard cruisers at the Carnival price.

What people tend to forget is that "the heck of a deal" isn't special for them...but for everyone. And that's the crowd it attracts.

I'm booked for April...and there was nothing in the other thread that made me want to cancel.

DH & I like to "people watch".....it would have been great entertainment.

The "other review" wants the Cunard cruisers at the Carnival price.

What people tend to forget is that "the heck of a deal" isn't special for them...but for everyone. And that's the crowd it attracts.

I'm booked for April...and there was nothing in the other thread that made me want to cancel.

DH & I like to "people watch".....it would have been great entertainment.

Agreed....If you want extra special it comes with an extra special price tag.

We are just off the Splendor, trip of 11/17 out of NYC. We are a married couple, 38 years, early 60s, both limited by disabilities, but still loving life and enjoying others. We are amazed at things we do not see that others say they do. On this trip we DID NOT see drunken 20-30 year olds, anyone seasick, no pajamas, no kids running and shoving, no rude employees, no employees who looked like they hated their jobs. We were all over the ship, did both early and late events, ate in both Lido and Black Pearl; Golden Pearl for breakfast. We did most of the shows, many of the entertainment items during the day. If you are looking for a review bashing the ship or the crew, I will stop you here and save you some time.

Hi we were on this same cruise with you and while no drunkens or seasicks, but I did see lots of pajamas out and about especially on that last sea day. All the Carnival employees were GREAT! And I thought the ship was really clean and nice, not even too pinkish as I heard. I found it pretty! I didn't notice any big chair hogging either. I did notice people who go in the hot tubs and never come out. I mean hours. I don't use the hot tubs, but I thought it was rude to spend so much time in there. When others were waiting to get in. This was at the Adults only aft pool. We only used that pool area. I went to the Serenity on the 2cnd sea day to read and an older couple was sitting up there with a baby! Nice quiet toddler but still............

I did notice then, and on the ship, a few, NOT ALL, people of Asian descent, who moved quickly to the front of any line. I thought this was unusual, until I gave it some thought as to the long generational customs of living in small, fast pace, crowded countries. I actually said something to one person who was "pushy" to my way of thinking. She backed right off and apologized profusely. At that point, I started to watch. Taking off my "American focus" I saw this from their view, and realized it is just a custom.

This happened to me on this sailing as well, NOT ALL but specifically SOME older Asian woman on this sailing, truly I saw it many many times. Cultural or whatever, I found it disheartening. And those in the omelette line or burrito line or even getting food at Tandoor (which was amazingly delish for lunches!) who have one tray with 4 plates on their tray and each plate is getting filled. Or they are ordering 3 omelettes and 2 fried eggs--one person. I do understand maybe someone is back at the table who can't stand easily or wait on line. But it's not always the case and it bugged me on this cruise. I know I can go to the dining room and not have to deal with lines, but I like the buffet for breakfast! Things obviously changed during the week as all food had to handed out by gloved employee at the buffet, so someone was sick somewhere. So of course that slows the line.

But the employees were smiling and those poor employees who work outside at the Tandoor were bundled up, obviously freezing in huge parkas, serving lunch with a smile. I felt terrible for them.

I will be back with more. I hope you are enjoying the review.

I enjoyed your review and the cruise. I have to motivate myself to write one now. We had a great time on this cruise--great balcony on deck 8 towards the back and I found it a perfect location! and we loved Nassau & Freeport!

• 4 weeks later...

I love your review! Many are so negative, it's almost enough to stop you from going at all. I'll be on the Splendor 1/20 for my first cruise. Good to hear positives about the ship, crew and trip. Thanks again! :)

Thank you so much for putting your time and effort into this review! My DH and our two friends will be leaving on her January 12, and since this is their first cruise, we hope they will enjoy it as much as you enjoyed yours. You have a grand sense of humor and a few times in your last portion about the trio of mean girls, the guy/girl that has to get sunburned to prove they were on vacation etc. Had me in stitches! Thanks again and hope you enjoyed your holidays! :D