Taking Wine Onboard

anmajojo

We just returned from our Christmas cruise on the Royal. We purchased three bottles of wine (our grown son was with us) and I had them in my backpack. I put it thru the scanner and as I figured, the lady told me to go over to the Princess table. I knew I needed both of the guys to be with me to show their cards so I stopped off to the side so they could join me. This woman stopped the machine and yelled at me to get to the table. I pointed to the guys and said they needed to join me and she yelled again for me to go to the table. She stood their with her hands on her hips until I got to the table. I still can't believe she held up the long line to make sure I made it over to the table.

We are going back to the Royal in four weeks and I plan to bring two bottles - I will look for her so I can see if she does it again.

• 2 months later...

We are on a cruise soon and will have a bottle of wine each, plus 2 more bottles and have no problem with the $15 fee per bottle over 2. That said, if we buy any wine( 1 bottle each) at a port in Hawaii can we take that wine back to our cabin or will they hold until the end of the cruise?

Also do you need to have your bottle of wine in your carry-on only ?