WiFi

eliana

Does Silversea still charge for wifi? If so, how much?

I would have thought that since they consider their ships as equivalent to five star plus hotels, they should offer free wifi as most hotels of this class do. Regent will include it free from next year for most cabin categories as it is for those who have only sailed with them for a moderate number of days. Seabourn also give it free for many hours for those who have sailed with them a few times.

Your experience of good class hotels and adverse wifi speeds differs from mine. Most hotels we stay at now have free internet and we very rarely find the speed badly impacted.

The speed I referred to was on Cruise Ships.

More demand means slower speeds.

At least in the USA often at luxury hotels there is a cost for the internet.

Like I said, nothing is for free.

Keith

A shame, U.S. Hotels no longer lead the world, nor it seems does Silverseas and cruise ships with inadequate wifi speeds. I agree there is no such thing as a free lunch, but I prefer as much all-inclusive as possible.

Does Silversea still charge for wifi? If so, how much?

I would have thought that since they consider their ships as equivalent to five star plus hotels, they should offer free wifi as most hotels of this class do. Regent will include it free from next year for most cabin categories as it is for those who have only sailed with them for a moderate number of days. Seabourn also give it free for many hours for those who have sailed with them a few times.

It's the worlds worst, there is only one company and all satellite , wait till you get on shore and find a coffee shop ! Remember 20 years ago we didn't even have this!

Am I the only one who does NOT want to be connected when I go away? I spend too much time online and am happy to be mostly cut off once on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of us actually have to continue to work to be able to cruise. If I were not connected, I would not be able to travel.

• 1 month later...

It might be easier and cheaper to take your laptop ashore and use it in a cafe offering free access while you enjoy a cup of coffee. Some port terminal buildings may also have free wifi access. Might even be accessable from the ship if tied up nearby.

It might be easier and cheaper to take your laptop ashore and use it in a cafe offering free access while you enjoy a cup of coffee. Some port terminal buildings may also have free wifi access. Might even be accessable from the ship if tied up nearby.

Agreed, there's always a coffee shop somewhere ,or better yet,a sports bar,except of course on A trans Atlantic,where you have so much fun schmoozing,drinking,and eating you don't have time to go online! Remember why you're here....VACATION!!