Epic Studio Cabin - Did I pick a good one?

littleengine

I tried to find reviews of my specific cabin (or the area around it) but couldn't find one. I know they're all about the same (size, anyway), but I'm curious about what's around me. I booked 11521 because it was not connected to another cabin, wasn't too far from the lounge and elevators, and had 'white space' on the other side, between me an 55519. I thought that might make it on the quieter side. Across the hall from me there's also a pretty big 'white space' between 11520 and 11518. Now I'm curious what these "white spaces" on the deck plan are... anyone know what's there?

Thanks!

White spaces are usually crew spaces, linen and cleaning cart storage rooms, etc. There is a good chance that it can generate some noise at times but one would need to know exactly what that specific white space is to be sure.

Edited by Demonyte

IIRC,I think you are in the wing that I was in, across from the entrance to the lounge. Like Demonyte said,the white spaces are the crew spaces,I had one across from me in 11500 and I did hear them in the mornings,but that was it. IMO,it was a bit better than cabins on either side,where the potential for noises from other passengers ARENT limited to a time of day.

Also,in that hall,theres less traffic since theres only about 25-30 cabins,and the other end is closed off,so ppl arent traveling through your hall.

IIRC,I think you are in the wing that I was in, across from the entrance to the lounge. Like Demonyte said,the white spaces are the crew spaces,I had one across from me in 11500 and I did hear them in the mornings,but that was it. IMO,it was a bit better than cabins on either side,where the potential for noises from other passengers ARENT limited to a time of day.

Also,in that hall,theres less traffic since theres only about 25-30 cabins,and the other end is closed off,so ppl arent traveling through your hall.

Nope, wrong area. O.P.'s cabin is aft of the lounge.

OP....that cabin is fine. Noise is minimal in that area with the exception of the few loud folks going by but you have that pretty much in every hallway.

In January, I'll be directly across the hall from the one you're staying in. I've been trying to find info about mine, too. Unfortunately for me, I didn't find anything about mine, BUT... I did find a video on youtube of yours!

The guy doesn't say what is around it, but he does say (in the description area) that he would recommend that room. I figured I'd post it, in case you're interested. :)

Btw, the studio I stayed in last year (11551) also has a lot of white around it on the deck plans and I didn't hear anything at all the whole week. :)

I'm going later than you (January 25), but I've already been in the studios once before. It was an awesome experience! If you're anything like me, you'll have a great time.

We had a fabulous solo director named Fernando that led the solo gatherings each evening. He interacted with us a lot (during & outside of the solo gatherings), and he also helped everyone with...well, pretty much anything they needed. Making reservations, changing reservations, etc.

A big group of us went to dinner together each evening, immediately after the solo gathering. It was really nice getting to meet a lot of different people who were all traveling solo. I still keep in touch (via facebook, of course) with a few of them.

I enjoyed it so much, I couldn't help but book the Epic again less than a month after I had returned home.

You'll have a blast! :)

I hear ya. The prices on the other January trips have dropped considerably! I was shocked when I saw how low they were! I was actually talking to one of my friends about that the other day. It almost makes me wish I had booked one of those weeks instead... 'cause I could have a balcony for a few hundred more than I'm paying for my studio!

I'm looking forward to that extra day, though... and seeing the monkeys on St. Kitts. XD

Oh, btw, I booked my studio at a really good price last year... and it was during a "all new bookings get $100 OBC regardless of category" special. So that helps a bit, too. lol

Edited by dreamr