Visa Questions-Please help

danny8826

We have just put down a deposit for Oct 8, 2014 for Voyager of the Seas.

It leaves out of Hong Kong visiting Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, and will end in Singapore.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&cruiseType=CO&state=&packageCode=VY09I008&date=201410

I know you would need a visa for Vietnam, but why would you need a visa for Thailand? Have anyone been on this cruise or similar itinerary? I mean if I were going to do a land tour, I wouldn't need a visa to enter Thailand. I find that it's quite strange that visa is required in Thailand. We hold a US passport.

Thank you for your help.

Danny

This is the site that RCCL recommends for Visa advice. Bit of a minefield..... but it has every country and their requirements.

Thank you. I agree with you. It's a bit of a minefield. I check for Thailand and it said, no visa required and yet when I called RCCI, they said it does require. That's why I'm so confused.

Danny

We have just put down a deposit for Oct 8, 2014 for Voyager of the Seas.

It leaves out of Hong Kong visiting Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, and will end in Singapore.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itinerary.do?hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&cruiseType=CO&state=&packageCode=VY09I008&date=201410

I know you would need a visa for Vietnam, but why would you need a visa for Thailand? Have anyone been on this cruise or similar itinerary? I mean if I were going to do a land tour, I wouldn't need a visa to enter Thailand. I find that it's quite strange that visa is required in Thailand. We hold a US passport.

Thank you for your help.

Danny

Danny,

Hong Kong-No Visa

Taiwan-No Visa

Vietnam- Visa arranged aboard ship, less than $50.00

Thailand-Visa arranged aboard ship

Singapore-No Visa

There is a site called CIBT and you can look up any countries for Visas.

:oI just cut the following from the US Embassy in Bangkok website. One would assume that cruise ships fall into the same category as a flight with an onward ticket.

U.S. citizens carrying a tourist passport and in possession of an onward or return airline ticket do not require a visa to enter Thailand. The passport must have at least six months validity remaining to be allowed entry. Upon entry, Thai immigration officials will place an immigration stamp in the passport permitting a 30-day stay in Thailand if arriving by air or a 15-day stay if arriving by land. This time limit may subsequently be extended for an additional 7 days by paying a 1,900 baht fee to the Thai Immigration Bureau office. The headquarters of the Thai Immigration Bureau is located at Government Center Chaengwattana Building B, No. 120, Moo 3, Chaengwattana Road, Tungsonghong Sub-District, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210, 66-2-287-3101 through 66-2-287-3110. For more information or additional Thai Immigration Bureau locations, please consult the Thai Immigration Bureau website.