Any Plans for 2014?

Lois R

I looked at that cruise a few days ago (SJ-MIA). Love the itinerary. With the exception of Grand Turk, those are all new ports for me. I am seriously considering it as my first solo cruise. Due to the time of year, I can't get anyone to go with me.

A few ladies on another thread already booked this as a solo, so there will be a few solos on this cruise.

That was how I got into solo cruising. Could not find anyone to go with me. All of my friends are either married, have children or both. Decided I was not going to let the lack of travel companions hold me back. I booked the Splendor cruise yesterday. Went to Grand Turk on the Conquest repositioning cruise from New Orleans to San Juan. The other places(other than San Juan & Grand Turk) will be new to me.

sounds like a great birthday gift to me. one of these I am going to do something like this.. maybe 2016 because my family has already started talking about a family reunion cruise in 2015.. in either case.. Enjoy!!

I hope you do get the chance to do that. :)

Lois, weren't you on the Summit? I love that ship

Kathleen

Hi Kathleen, yes, Summit it was:D and I love her too. It was my 6th

time sailing her:)

I had planned a solo August cruise on the Pacific Princess (very small ship) but changed that when my cousin and her husband decided to sail on the Golden Princess in mid-May. So I'm transferring my booking to this one.

I'm also looking to book a solo in mid-February too. I'll be in the Fort Lauderdale area for vacation and I've decided to book a short cruise to round out my vacation time.

I think it's going to a 4-day cruise on the Ruby Princess but I haven't booked yet as I'm also considering a 5-day cruise on the Celebrity Constellation.