Onboard account questions

acallahan

I went and added money to our onboard account. It asked me who I wanted to add it to. Usually we just use me or my husbands card but with ncl is it not one account. Will me and my husband have seperate money account? We are putting cash down once onboard?

Also can u tell me what an average mixed drink is on the ship?

There is really only one account per stateroom. However, the money you put on your account pre-cruise is under one passenger's name only. These "coupons" (50/100/200 dollar denominations if I remember correctly) will be delivered to your cabin. The person whose name is on the coupon can then go down to guest services and sign for them so that they are officially put on your on board account. At least this is how it worked for my trip on the Jade last spring.

There is really only one account per stateroom.

This is incorrect. There can be as many onboard accounts as there are passengers in the cabin - just tell them at the check-in that passengers will have their own accounts (or any combination thereof). Of course all passengers in one stateroom (or possibly even multiple staterooms IIRC) can also use only one account - that is what most people do.

Any NCL given OBC will be divided (by default, this can be changed by visiting guest services) between passengers #1 and #2 if they have separate accounts but for all self-bought OBC, one needs to know who will be getting the OBC.

Edited by Demonyte

People have answered about the accounts. As for drinks, just be careful about the souvenir glasses. You are charged for each of them. You can order the drinks in a regular glass and not pay that fee. We do this.

This is a good advice, there is nothing wrong asking all drinks (especially in poolside bars in my experience) "in regular glass" when ordering.

I went and added money to our onboard account. It asked me who I wanted to add it to. Usually we just use me or my husbands card but with ncl is it not one account. Will me and my husband have seperate money account? We are putting cash down once onboard?

Also can u tell me what an average mixed drink is on the ship?

cost of drinks? wow, that can be anything from about $6.50 to $10.00. Are you talking simple drinks like scotch and water or are you talking Martinis or even maybe, fru fru drinks. Scotch, depending on the quality of scotch will be about $6.50: Martinis will start at about $7.00 or 7.50 and fru fru drinks can be very pricey. Usually there are early morning specials, daily specials and sometimes 2 for 1 before dinner.

People have answered about the accounts. As for drinks, just be careful about the souvenir glasses. You are charged for each of them. You can order the drinks in a regular glass and not pay that fee. We do this.

Very good advise, and make it very clear you do not want the souvenir glass!!!! I had totally forgotten about that because hubby usually drinks scotch and I am a wine drinker.

This is incorrect. There can be as many onboard accounts as there are passengers in the cabin - just tell them at the check-in that passengers will have their own accounts (or any combination thereof). Of course all passengers in one stateroom (or possibly even multiple staterooms IIRC) can also use only one account - that is what most people do.

Any NCL given OBC will be divided (by default, this can be changed by visiting guest services) between passengers #1 and #2 if they have separate accounts but for all self-bought OBC, one needs to know who will be getting the OBC.

I'm not sure about cash accounts but, my stateroom along with my daughters stateroom were all under one credit card and all the OBC was pooled together on the account for my stateroom and we had 4 different key cards for 4 passengers and all charges came up under my stateroom on the tv and it didn't show what each passenger purchased unless I went down and got a hard copy. That was a bit of a pain trying to figure it all out as to who owed what and how much OBC each had left. And at any point you can cut off the children spending which I had to do ( Arcade got a lot of my money :( )

This was on the Epic

On the Epic and the Spirit this year we both had separate OBC but it all went on one account which was in my name (as I'm the CC holder and booker) but also had my husbands name on it. Latterly on the Spirit we had two lots of $75 but were over excited when for a brief minute we thought that we had $150 each, but that was because it was automatically combined so we were seeing the same thing twice on each "separate" account printout :D

Cocktails varied from $6.50 to $8.50. I was only once offered a souvenir glass (on the Epic), but never automatically given one - maybe they could tell my husband was a stingy sod :D We also only noticed one 2 hour 2-4-1 and we sadly missed it :(

Edited by Cloudyrain