Balmoral Avon restaurant question

Hi, we have cruised on the Balmoral before and always eaten in the Ballandilloch.

We travel with another couple and always ask for a table for 8 as we like to make 4 new friends every cruise.

We have booked a cruise in 2015 and have been allocated the Avon Restaurant.

I can recall having breakfast in the Avon and my memory seems to say that there were not that many tables for 6 never mind 8.

I presume a call to Fred will allow us to change but just wondered if my memory was correct.

Have looked at lots of photos of the Avon and all I can see are tables for 4.

Anybody got experience of the Avon.

Thanks

I am sailing on the "Balmoral" next month and have chosen the Avon restaurant. In the past I have been in the Spey which is virtually identical and there are certainly tables for six and, although I am not certain, and the odd table for eight. You will find that these restaurants are quieter, more intimate and the views are gorgeous.

We ate breakfast there twice and there were some large tables - possibly only for six.

We ate in the main restaurant otherwise and enjoyed the dinner experience very much there and would opt for that again rather than the other two. I prefer the sense of occasion in the larger venue but we are all different :)

I much prefer the Ballindalloch. I love the buzz of the place. We were booked in for the Avon this year but changed.

The views are lovely from the Spey and Avon but by the time we eat at night its too dark to see out anyway.

I much prefer the Ballindalloch. I love the buzz of the place. We were booked in for the Avon this year but changed.

The views are lovely from the Spey and Avon but by the time we eat at night its too dark to see out anyway.

Same here - late sitting and I loved the buzz too.:)

We were on the same cruise last Christmas / New year and ate in The Avon. We had the only table for 8 which is at the furthest end of the restaurant; most tables are for 4.

Fantastic cruise / table / table chums - ah well, my sister and husband taking our place this year whilst we look after their dog.