Does anyone else love the specialty restaurants?

We have never tried them on RC.

But did 3 on NCL because they had a 3 restaurant package that was a pretty good deal. All were very good.

We also did the Steakhouse on Princess and it was very good.

On RC we really liked the new menu and did every night in the MDR..

I´m not a fan of the specialty Restaurants. The few times I went were ok, but frankly I don´t think they are worth the extra Money to me.

It just Shows how subjective Food is. I also like the new menus.

I guess what I want to say here I don´t see the popularity on the ships as much as I see it on CC.

I agree with you, but perhaps for a slightly different reason...

We went to Portofinos and Chops on our last cruise (Freedom), and enjoyed them, but I didn't like missing out of the MDR experience. One of the things I really like about cruising is that you can have the same servers each night (we aren't doing "my time"), and you can build up a relationship with them (and neighboring tables). Having my "usual" drink available immediately, for example, is sometimes more special than a better quality steak.

We are cruising on Dec 29, and currently have one reservation for Chops, but I'm considering canceling and just ordering the Chops steak from the MDR menu. :)

We went to Portofinos and Chops on our last cruise (Freedom), and enjoyed them, but I didn't like missing out of the MDR experience. One of the things I really like about cruising is that you can have the same servers each night (we aren't doing "my time"), and you can build up a relationship with them (and neighboring tables). Having my "usual" drink available immediately, for example, is sometimes more special than a better quality steak.

A perfect example of why cruising is great, something for everyone. We don't like the same routine/table, same server, same salad, same bread routine:D For those that like MDR it's great, for those that don't there are other options:)

I'm a huge fan of the Specialty Restaurants. We stay away from the MDR. I currently have five nights booked in specialty dining on my next cruise. I like the smaller venue. Much more quiet and better non rushed service. It's good that we all have choices. Many love the Windjammer for dinner. Many options.:)

A perfect example of why cruising is great, something for everyone. We don't like the same routine/table, same server, same salad, same bread routine:D For those that like MDR it's great, for those that don't there are other options:)

Agreed! :)