Wine Package

Hi, I have been reading about a wine package for cruises over 7 days on the Princess line. I am especially interested in the availability on Diamond Princess.

Are these available for cruises leaving Sydney to Asia? I know I can bring on more than the 1 bottle per person and have the $15 corkage, but if it was possible to have the wine package pre ordered then that would be my preference. I have not seen it advertised anywhere on the website.

Thank you for all the expert advice on this site, it has been so helpful :o

Hi, I have been reading about a wine package for cruises over 7 days on the Princess line. I am especially interested in the availability on Diamond Princess.

Are these available for cruises leaving Sydney to Asia? I know I can bring on more than the 1 bottle per person and have the $15 corkage, but if it was possible to have the wine package pre ordered then that would be my preference. I have not seen it advertised anywhere on the website.

Thank you for all the expert advice on this site, it has been so helpful :o

One 750ml bottle of wine per person or two 750ml bottles per cabin. Anything over this has a charge put on them. I am not sure of the wine packages for on board.:D

Yes, one bottle of wine or champagne per person on Princess. I would add that anything over this is confiscated till the night before disembarkation unless you pay the $15 corkage: my travel companion had our 2 bottles in his suitcase (as it was a neoprene 2 bottle carrier), I had none. Yet one of the 2 bottles was removed from his case. A note was sent to the cabin saying that they had done this. We did not go and dispute that the second bottle was for me, as it was only a 4 night cruise.

The second bottle was in our cabin on the last night.

Hi. Thanks for your replies. I know that we are allowed one bottle each without corkage. What I want to know is can you purchase a wine package on Diamond Princess sailing from Sydney :confused:

I am sure that once on board they will have the standard packages ( I just do not know what they are exactly).:D

The exact details are on the Princess web site. Both packages are available in a number of bottles. Silver allows you to choose any wine on the menue up to about $29. Gold any wine up to about $40. The price of each package is dependant on the number of bottles you want. I'm pretty sure the Silver package works out to about $22/bottle. Packages are offered on cruises 10 days or longer.

Edited by Gunner22aa

The exact details are on the Princess web site. Both packages are available in a number of bottles. Silver allows you to choose any wine on the menue up to about $29. Gold any wine up to about $40. The price of each package is dependant on the number of bottles you want. I'm pretty sure the Silver package works out to about $22/bottle. Packages are offered on cruises 10 days or longer.

Good to know, thanks for posting. I suppose as the OP has a 7 day cruise, they will not be available.:D

Good to know, thanks for posting. I suppose as the OP has a 7 day cruise, they will not be available.:D

Hi. It's good to know as we are on a 19 day cruise, not 7 but used 7 as this is what I thought was the minimum for the package. :D