Prepurchsed OBC

ScotsTravelady

We do it almost the same, limeyalchemist, but we save our money in a separate account for our vacations then put that money directly onto the credit card we use specifically for our vacation, as well. The amount we budget for is available on the card (and more) and easy to see what we were charged too. No worries about holds being put on accounts or having a stop put on your shipboard account due to overspending (that never happens, LOL).

Yes, people like to prepay for a variety of reasons.

Personally, I would never, ever give somebody my money before it is required. I do not care to spend time making sure it is applied, or trying to get it back for whatever reason.

Glad it does work for some people.

I totally agree.

Why would you just send money money to a company for something you may or may not use.

Maybe if they gave you $100 credit for $90 pre-paid, but they don't.

There really is no advantage except you have a smaller bill and the end of the trip, but you still spent the money.

Whats the difference?

You don't send $$ to the grocery store because you are going shopping next month.

I totally agree.

Why would you just send money money to a company for something you may or may not use.

Maybe if they gave you $100 credit for $90 pre-paid, but they don't.

There really is no advantage except you have a smaller bill and the end of the trip, but you still spent the money.

Whats the difference?

You don't send $$ to the grocery store because you are going shopping next month.

There you go, making sense.

LOL!

We buy as many OBC as poss before we sail. For 1 I do not like traveling with large amounts of cash. If you get robbed they have your cash & thats it. If the cruise company misplaces your OBC that is alot easier to retrieve. But like others have said we each have our own ways. Its just a lot easier for us to buy OBC before hand. :)

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Forums mobile app