Thanksgiving Breakaway

NJ Pharm

We are a couple in our 50's, cruised 6 times previously, all on CCL. Here are some random thoughts on our 11/24 cruise on the Breakaway.

Best dinner: LeBistro. Maria our server was fantastic. Meals were great, escargot and mushroom soup are not to be missed.

Best Bar: H2O spice. Rechelle and Phillip were terrific. They helped me on my quest to try every beer in their fridge. Phillip even supplied with a lanyard to replace the "Carnival" one I had, and even discarded it for me.

Worst weather: yeah, all week really. I planned for a lot of things, but I did not plan for an entire week of bad weather.

Worst food: Steak in "taste" on our 1st night, CC warned me but I didn't heed their warning.

Best concept for cruise ship: O'Sheehan's Pub (chicken pot pie IS as good as CC said it would be).

2nd best concept for a cruise Ship: the Waterfront. (Maltings, is our second favorite bar.

Best quote: as a gaggle (gaggle?) of 12 to 14 year olds exited the elevator running and yelling; the 7 year old in the elevator looked up at her Grandma and said "Where are their parents?"

2nd best quote: Walking up the stairs to the Buffet a boy about 12 or 14 looked at his Mother with her wind blown hair and said "Mom, ...you're a mess"

Am I going back to CCL: ...ummm... NO!

Better than expected: Room size. I've read on some of the boards that the rooms are smaller than Carnival's. If this is true, we didn't notice. Room and storage space very well thought out. Balcony did seem like it would be small, but we had one on the back of a bump out (room 13890) so we had extra room due to the shape.

Needs Improvement: Room steward. Her name is Marlin and when we asked for beach towells she said "you can get them by the pool". She did, however, bring us some. When asked about bathrobes, she said you can only get them if you request them. we did, but she never fulfilled request.

Megaship is too Big: Our favorite size ship has been the smaller ships in carnival's fleet, the spirit class. The Breakaway had everything! We did not feel the ship was too big and getting around her is much less confusing then Carnival's conquest class.

Don't sail on a new ship until the bugs have been worked out: Now this is just a crock. This ship has so many small refinements in the details that are just amazing. The way that the balcony doors shut to form a tight seal, the tempature setting on the shower, doors on the shower instead of curtain, this list goes on...

We are a couple in our 50's, cruised 6 times previously, all on CCL. Here are some random thoughts on our 11/24 cruise on the Breakaway.

Best dinner: LeBistro. Maria our server was fantastic. Meals were great, escargot and mushroom soup are not to be missed.

Best Bar: H2O spice. Rechelle and Phillip were terrific. They helped me on my quest to try every beer in their fridge. Phillip even supplied with a lanyard to replace the "Carnival" one I had, and even discarded it for me.

Worst weather: yeah, all week really. I planned for a lot of things, but I did not plan for an entire week of bad weather.

Worst food: Steak in "taste" on our 1st night, CC warned me but I didn't heed their warning.

Best concept for cruise ship: O'Sheehan's Pub (chicken pot pie IS as good as CC said it would be).

2nd best concept for a cruise Ship: the Waterfront. (Maltings, is our second favorite bar.

Best quote: as a gaggle (gaggle?) of 12 to 14 year olds exited the elevator running and yelling; the 7 year old in the elevator looked up at her Grandma and said "Where are their parents?"

2nd best quote: Walking up the stairs to the Buffet a boy about 12 or 14 looked at his Mother with her wind blown hair and said "Mom, ...you're a mess"

Am I going back to CCL: ...ummm... NO!

Very funny and good review..............thanks for sharing:)