World Club Department USA

MollyBrown

Has anyone else here had difficulty getting anything but a short, impersonal, incomplete response from the World Club department in the US via email?

They seem to not give a damn.

A book through which I had glanced on sales technique stated that one thing to remember is that all people want to feel important. Yet customer service in America seems to do just the opposite quite often.

I've been a regular on Cunard for quite a while now, and yet I feel as though they could care less if I dropped off the face of the earth.

I don't believe the UK office is like that, and certainly the QM2 and QE2 crew are not, of course.

I just cannot fathom what the difficulty is with receiving sail mail. I have signed up via the World Club dozens of times to no avail. For giggles I signed up for sail mail at the HAL site and receive it regularly.

It is frustrating when you are a frequent Cunard traveller and they can't seem to follow through on a simple request which ultimately will mean more business for them in the long run.

Cruiserking

l have found the uk ofice quite good at dealing with questions, if you can get through to them and are not first abducted by the sales line staff!!!

As for snail mail, they are very few and far between.. come to mention that so is the world club magazine!!!!

Whatever happened to Anne Bright, when she was in charge it was a real club, and she knew who you were, the mailings came on time, in fact come to think of it, just what do we get from the cunard world club, l hate to say but its not much is it compared to the rest of the lines, perhaps Princess will improve this????

But horror of horror if you dont sail after a while, they drop you from such a great height!!

I get the impression that they use the World Club to help themselves identify whom they don't need to preach to. ie. If you've travelled enough times to be a member, then you must already be satisfied.

There's a long way to go fom Gold to Platinum. On board, there's no real benefit for Gold members. Still, the badge is nice :)

I get the impression that they use the World Club to help themselves identify whom they don't need to preach to. ie. If you've travelled enough times to be a member, then you must already be satisfied.

There's a long way to go fom Gold to Platinum. On board, there's no real benefit for Gold members. Still, the badge is nice :)

Well, I'm a Platinum member, and don't see much benefit for it either. You do get invited to a senior officers' party, but otherwise... Besides, as I said, I have no complaints what-so-ever about how one is treated while onboard QM2. On land, however, the US office seems to ignore you.

How many times do you have to have travelled to reach gold??? We are members of the P & O rewards scheme and we are gold members. You have to have had 1501 nights on board to reach gold!!!! For that we get priority boarding, 10% off our on board spend, the cocktail party (which also includes sapphire members but not ruby) and a special portunus club luncheon with as much champagne and wine that you can drink. Of course with it being lunchtime I am a little more conservative with the drinking. Still have all afternoon to sleep it off!! We have travelled with Cunard before and have world club numbers but no cards like we have with P & O.

Elaine

Hmmmmmm.....

I think somewhere, deep down inside the Cunard mainframe there's a hint of 'you' my dearest Elaine.

:)

I'm a Platinum member as well, and I got a card.

Also, I get brochures that I never request. Just got my 2006 QE2/QM2 book recently.

And, for Molly ...

Give the WClub a ring. I had some things to enquire about, and they were resolved in no time. The way it's been going since time began for Cunard, email isn't one thier forte`s.

Let us know how you made out.

;)

Hmmmmmm.....

I think somewhere, deep down inside the Cunard mainframe there's a hint of 'you' my dearest Elaine.

Can you please explain your comment?? I have only been on QE2 once in the past 3 years, so do not really understand how Cunard operate. I mainly cruise with P & O and can only tell you how their club works. I did contact the world club department and this is how I found out we were members of this club, presumably from our trip on QE2. I really have no idea how the scheme with Cunard works, but from some of the messages it seems that there aren't many benefits anyway!! (see skippyyyy's message re being a gold member)!!. Many passengers on P & O feel the same about there equivelant club (not much point to the scheme, it really doesn't reward regular cruisers)!!!!

Anyway I look forward to finding out more about this club from you regular Cunarders!!

Elaine

If you sailed with Cunard once, you're a member ...

You should have the UK number to the WC desk in the 'welcome home' letter from Cunard after your 1st trip with them.

I'd give you the US number, but not sure if it would help.

Seems to be different variations on which WC desk is operating smoother.. over by you in England, or here.

In any case, let me know, and I'll look up the number here.

I'll shoot it on over to you if you'd like.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Vic the Parrot

We never received any letter to my knowledge. The first I knew anything about the world club was when I received a copy of the Cunarder, which seem to be very far and few between!!!! We get a copy of the latest brochure directly through the post too!! So I've done one qualifying voyage (cruise). What happens next??

Elaine

After 25 or 26 cunard cruise in 25 years I could tell you all kinds of horror stories. It boils down to this: If ther'es anything they're consistant about it's INCONSIATANCY!. How you get treated on board has NOTHING to do with how many times you've walked up the gangway in the last 25 years, but it has PLENTY to do with how many times you've sailed in teh last 12-18 months.

They are ALWAYS overhauling the repeater's recognition and rewards system every few years, so your many ggod dees of loyalty are all erased, wiped clean.

You can be booked on two cruises during the same month, be recognized as platinum on one, and completely forgotten about on the next.

On a recent bermuda cruise, i found out about an exclusive Platinum party after the fact, soon learning that quite a few other members were sloppily overlooked as well. Enquiry to one of the senior cruise staff members told me that whenever I board, if certain "acknowledgement" papers aren't waiting for me in my cabin, I should inquire (crawl up to them) immediately.

You would think with the sophistication of information systems avaialbale, they could effortlessly get these things straight, without us having to do their bookkeeping for them.

Recently on the QM's maiden transatlantic, I prought "some" of my collection of club pins, one of which I couldn't identify. I showed it to several repeaters, including a couple who had 65 sailings with Cunard. Nobody could figure when it was issued or what is was supposed to be for.

We get a copy of the latest brochure directly through the post too!! So I've done one qualifying voyage (cruise). What happens next??

Hello again Elaine!

I'd try calling them, and ask for the Club desk.

And request a confirmation that you're a member. It could end up in a letter, with your new ID card.

Let us know

:cool:

As a platinum member of several voyages, l never fail to be amazed by the communications dept, lv had them confirm and re check and still posted them copies of all my tickets and they still cant get it right, the last item from them was as a "valued gold world club member" and the prior to that was a letter saying l had received a mailing in error that was intended for world club members and l should disregard the mailing as it wasnt applicable to non club members!!! is it any wonder we have little faith in the admin dept!!!

Im still waiting on my 3 invoices for cruises that were booked during the platinum members booking weekend away back on the 4th June. and while lm on my soap box has anybody ever had the voyage info booklet "around" the 90 days before departure...and as for the ticket dispatch,, well l wont even go there!!!!!!

Hull736, would be interested to hear just exactly what "acknowledgement" papers should be in the cabin!!!

regards

Myles

Well said. Everything you said is correct. We were invited to the senior officers party, and then we were not invited to other partys. When we inquired, (which we should not of had to do) Anna who is in the travel agency, who is apparently the person you have to see on board, was so rude to us. Infact I would say we had the perfect cruise,- 17 days, everyone with the exception of this rude young lady Anna was exceptional. When she told us we were not entitled to be at a certain party, and so rudely too, we just left the situation, do we need to beg to go to a party, I would hardly think so. However when we returned I called the World Club and the young lady there told me that we most definately should have been included. However this rude lady Anna, who thinks she knows it all, was certainly wrong, and they do not have a hold on who is who. Actually we met a lovely couple who were on the ship for the FIRST time and they were invited to the senior officers party, so it is also who you know. So Vic the Parrot , I totally agree with all that you said, and I am still anoyed at this young girl Anna on the ship, who if you do meet her, at all the partys, is as fake as they come. She certainly let the excellent team on the ship down as far as I am concerned.

Anna is on the Qm2. She is apparently the one who sends out the invitations and also who one would see on board to book a future trip. We were about to see her about a trip for next year for our entire family, but after an awful confrontation, would have nothing to do with her. What a shame, she let the great team down. However, I have not had time since my return as we have been travelling, but I am going to be in touch with Cunard, and did already write this in a report on the ship, Hope David Stephenson who is the hotel manager, reads it and takes it seriously.

I submitted a booking request for 2006 through the website last month. I didn't receive any response (I'm World Club Gold). Makes you wonder...

-Julia

About four weeks ago I posted a request for booking info on the first American leg of the QE2's World Cruise 2006. Received a reply email that I would be contacted by one of Cunard's people within 24 hours. I am still waiting!.

I recently got a communication from the World Club when I booked my 2nd QM2 voyage for next year. They indicated that I was a gold member but they only had a record of one voyage. I wrote back and reminded them that 2 years ago I had sent them proof of my 6 previous voyages and that they had acknowledged them and returned the pictures to me. They sure seem to be in the dark.

Archived