Just got off the Breakaway

theodoru

I just got off the Breakaway this morning. After 20 cruises, 11 of which were on NCL, I am only going to note what I found different on this cruise from my previous experiences. I cruised on the Epic in 2010, in a Studio cabin as I did this time, and some of my comments note differences between the Epic and the Breakaway.

While the ubiquitous stands with hand disinfectant still exist, there are now actual sinks for hand washing in the eating areas.

No smoking in cabins.

Private Island:

• No drinks brought to you on the beach and no more pictures with a waiter in a tux in the water.

• The area covered with chairs is much larger and there are many available chairs on the beach.

• The first time I came to this island was in May of 2001. It is unrecognizable now.

The shower now has an easy-to-use pull-open door in the Studio cabins. On the Epic, closing the door involved figuring out that you had to pull it toward you as you slid it past the edge of the enclosure.

Deck 8 has areas where you can sit inside and look out. That kind of space was completely absent on the Epic.

Rock of Ages is a full 1:45 with no intermission.

Cirque Dreams is a little like Disney's Lion King show.

The magician/comedian Michael Finney http://www.mastersofillusionlive.com/performers/michael-finney was fantastic!

By using the Studio Lounge for a quick coffee and a pastry, then carrying my own luggage off, I experienced the easiest and fastest debarkation I have ever had.

Wine vending machines! I want one at work!

Thank you for your review.

The Waterfront space sounds perfect.

I plan on viewing the fireworks from my port side balcony this summer.

Happy Sailing!

~robin and brian

(summertime jersey shore beach bums)

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

• 8 months later...