Booking Dolphin excursion in Cozumel

Phantom028

I'm booking a off cruise ship dolphin swim adventure at Chankanaab Park. I will be arriving via Carnival cruise line. I tried to book through the dolphin discovery website and since I said I was arriving with Carnival, it wouldn't let me book. So I changed it to Hotel, and listed a Hotel in Cozumel and got my reservation. NOW, I'm having second thoughts. Does anyone see any problem with this? Help....

Nervous Brad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don’t worry, you will be ok.

We just got off the Triumph and did the dolphin adventure at Chankanaab. I made my reservation from the DD website and told them that I was staying at a hotel in Cozumel.

All I needed at check in was a printout of my reservation. The DD staff did not even look at the Carnival wrist bands that the kids in my party had on.

Have a good time and enjoy your visit to Cozumel.

The dolphin Push pull excursion is excellent, and well worth the money.

We have done it twice, the first time they let us take our water cameras............

This past July........no go...........no cameras permitted in the area with the dolphins...and they watched.

The prices for their pictures $$$$$$$$$$$

Of course one of the pictures of DD with a dolphin was priceless, and we purchased one on a chip for $35 US:eek:

It works, probably do it again.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

• 2 weeks later...
Don’t worry, you will be ok.

We just got off the Triumph and did the dolphin adventure at Chankanaab. I made my reservation from the DD website and told them that I was staying at a hotel in Cozumel.

All I needed at check in was a printout of my reservation. The DD staff did not even look at the Carnival wrist bands that the kids in my party had on.

Have a good time and enjoy your visit to Cozumel.

I didn't even think about my sons carnival bracelet :eek: We are doing the royal swim on 1/2/14. I booked it direct & I'm bringing our own towels :)

I have a family of 4, do they do photo packages? I'm not looking to spend more than $150/175 in pictures

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

They do photo packages- not sure what the price for 4 is, but for 1 it was 900 pesos ($72ish). The price goes up the more people there are on the disc. Individual photos were $37.

It's Carnival that doesn't want you to book directly with them. Carnival wants you to book the dolphin excursion through the ships excursion so they can get a cut.

It just so happens that Chankanaab is contracted with Carnival and they have agreed not to book Carnival cruisers directly. It's not that big of a deal though, because not either one of them really wants to offend the cruise customers.