Chef's table questions

mikeg001

I have been over the forum several times and found a lot of great information. I have already made the reservation on the Legend but still have a few questions i could not find the answer to.

Is it recommend to tip the Chef after the service if so what is cindered a good tip?

Are photos allowed? i did read that someone asked the Chef and he said ok to photos of the food.

When they take the group photo can we have one of just our group or does it have to be everyone at the table?

Are there any other recommendations that a first time Chef's table experience that you will not want to miss?

Thanks!

-I don't think tipping the head chef is necessary. He/she is senior management/salaried. We did leave an additional $20 tip for our waiter (written in on the S&S receipt) who was great.

-I asked the chef if I could take photos in the galley and he said yes. Took a few in the galley as well as the actual meal.

-The photographer took one group photo. Did not cross my mind to ask for a photo with just my wife and neither did anyone else. We each got a complimentary photo at the end of dinner.

-Try to space out the time between your last meal and Chef's Table (which can be hard on a cruise!). We left about 5-6 hours in between meals and I was still absolutely stuffed at the end of Chef's Table. Funny thing was I was worried I would still be hungry when looking at Chef's Table pics and being concerned with the portions. With the amount of courses and flowing wine, going hungry is not a concern!

Thanks for the info, i will be sure to bring a camera along and pass by the ice cream during lunch that day.

BTW: when do they tell you what night it dinner will be? hopefully once you board.

When I got onboard the Conquest last year, we stopped by the table where you make your steakhouse reservations the first day and asked them if they knew which day it would be. They had a list, asked our name/cabin number and were able to tell us which night it was. We had 2 on our sailing, ours happened to fall on my birthday... after the huge meal and dessert they brought out a cake and sung me happy birthday. I just looked at the cake and asked the chef if I had to eat it tight then. lol

Thanks for the info, i will be sure to bring a camera along and pass by the ice cream during lunch that day.

BTW: when do they tell you what night it dinner will be? hopefully once you board.

I believe we got the invitation the day before. Our Chef's Table was on night 3 which was Monday night on a cruise departing on Saturday. I think there might have been a second Chef's Table on Tuesday night.