Transportation to Carl & Marie Lawaetz Family Museum

Baybear

I'm interested in seeing the Carl & Marie Lawaetz Family Museum and also the Estate Whim Museum in St. Croix. They look to only be about 1-1/2 miles from where the ship docks. Both of them in Frederiksted, basically.

I Don't want a "big tour" to see them and other things... just those two museums. I figure a $2 bus or $10 taxi is a lot better than a $50 tour to see them. The Museums' admission price is $8pp for us Seniors.

Does anyone know what the best way to get to them from the main dock at Frederiksted is? Taxi? (and if so, can you get one back from there easily?). Bus? (if so... which one and do you have to make more than one transfer?).

TIA

A taxi from the dock to the Whim Plantation for 1-2 people cost $9 according to the VINow web site, or $5 each for 3+ pax. Given the proximity of the Lawaetz Museum I imagine the total loop would cost around $25. If you give your driver your itinerary it has been my experience that they will return and be waiting for you faithfully to take you to the next leg of your trip. Probably not a bad idea to get his cell number, just be aware that roaming rates are about $2 a minute if you are on Verizon or ATT; Sprint and Cingular are regular rate.

If you're not sure how long to allow for each stop just ask the driver for his opinion; I think you will want to allow a couple hours for each stop to really take it all in.

More info at the VINow web site, you can find it with a simple Google search.

Edited by bob&karen

A taxi from the dock to the Whim Plantation for 1-2 people cost $9 according to the VINow web site, or $5 each for 3+ pax. Given the proximity of the Lawaetz Museum I imagine the total loop would cost around $25. If you give your driver your itinerary it has been my experience that they will return and be waiting for you faithfully to take you to the next leg of your trip. Probably not a bad idea to get his cell number, just be aware that roaming rates are about $2 a minute if you are on Verizon or ATT; Sprint and Cingular are regular rate.

If you're not sure how long to allow for each stop just ask the driver for his opinion; I think you will want to allow a couple hours for each stop to really take it all in.

More info at the VINow web site, you can find it with a simple Google search.

Many Thanks for your response!