Today is The day! Carnival Announcement!

CarnivalBreeze319

So fun now has a brand name attached to it?

Whoopie. Another Carnival fail.

In all fairness Spin Master does make some pretty cool toys. I have purchased the Aquadoodle as well as an Air Hogs remote controlled airplane for my kids, and they love both. They may not be Mattel or Fisher-Price, but I guess Carnival couldn't partner with those two since they are already taken by other cruise lines. :o

So if this does happen to be the announcement, my reaction will be a simple and quick "cool". It definitely won't be the "excitement filled, jumping up and down with tears of joys, high fives, and heartfelt hugs" reaction that the OP is trying to build.

Edited by Tapi

In all fairness Spin Master does make some pretty cool toys. I have purchased the Aquadoodle as well as an Air Hogs remote controlled airplane for my kids, and they love both. They may not be Mattel or Fisher-Price, but I guess Carnival couldn't partner with those two since they are already taken by other cruise lines. :o

So if this does happen to be the announcement, my reaction will be "cool". It definitely won't be the reaction filled with excitement that the OP is trying to build.

I agree. Would be a cool addition, but would it affect whether my family has a good or bad cruise? Definitely not.

I do have two kids, which is why I've taken my business somewhere else temporarily, to cruise lines that offer worthwhile kids programs.

But to feed your speculation, Costa made this announcement today. It's a partnership with toy maker SPIN MASTER. I wonder if a partnership, also aboard Carnival ships, is what will be announced. In that case, I give it a (sarcastic) Yipee! :rolleyes:

Click here for the announcement: http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10386.html

I bet this is it!

I would like to think that if they do special rates for families/children, then maybe for us that don't have children, and are VIP level would also get discount on bookings too, like RCCL does for their diamond and above when booking a balcony cabin.

Am surmising like many, that it will be geared towards families....

Yeah I just noticed it is down too. Could be interesting if this involves changing booking codes for families since I want to take my 2 girls on their first cruise next year. But I am far from excited about any announcement, assuming it really happens. Most announcements tend to be very underwhelming. :) A partnership with some toy company or something would definitely not get me excited.

Just tried a mock booking. Everything in system seems to be up.

How exciting could it be..??? We have had fun on most Carnival cruises, but I am close to marking them off my list....

Cruisinpips

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

***jealous that you are on the Fantasy this spring!! Its my dream ship. I LOVED the Dream this yr and booked 'new' Magic for May...but after following Fantasy around for a week this yr on the CCL, it is seriously my dream cruise ship!... First DCL? hope you love it! would love to hear your comparison....

***jealous that you are on the Fantasy this spring!! Its my dream ship. I LOVED the Dream this yr and booked 'new' Magic for May...but after following Fantasy around for a week this yr on the CCL, it is seriously my dream cruise ship!... First DCL? hope you love it! would love to hear your comparison....

do you have a magnifying glass i could borrow? :p

Bill

well if the brilliant announcement is about kids and sailing... I hope they don't put an age limit on it... Mine is sailing with us our next cruise..

He has his own room and bringing the girl friend ... oh and i should also state he will be 25 LOL ... he is my kid, wonder if we will get any price breaks for us bringing the kid :rolleyes:

I am reminded of the words of Ben Jabituya from the movie Short Circuit when he found himself excited with anticipation:

"I am standing here beside myself."

Maybe to replicate the famous-name branding done with George Lopez (well, marginally famous) and Guy Fieri, for toys they could use Irwin Mainway of Mainway toys.

"We have with us tonight, Mr. Irwin Mainway, President of Mainway Toys. Uh, Mr. Mainway, your company manufactures the following so-called harmless playthings: Pretty Peggy Ear-Piercing Set, Mr. Skin-Grafter, General Tron's Secret Police Confession Kit, and Doggie Dentist. And what about this innocent rubber doll, which you market under the name Johnny Switchblade? Press his head, and two sharp knives spring from his arms. Mr. Mainway, I'm afraid this is, by no means, a very safe toy."

Credit to a very old Saturday Night Live skit.