Opinions, please- Maasdam or Noordam?

cruiseapril

Hi- We have been on the Noordam Wayfarer and are considering the Seafarer for 2015. (We enjoyed the Noordam very much.) The itinerary is:

Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk, Samana, Bonaire, Curacao, & Aruba. We have been to all ports by ship except for Samana and Bonaire.

However, the Maasdam has a very appealing itinerary also:

St. Thomas, St. Barts, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Bonaire, Curacao,

and Half Moon Cay. We have been to all by ship except St. Barts, Grenada, and Bonaire.

The big question for us is the age of the Maasdam, as compared to the Noordam and whether that matters? We are HAL fans, so either will be fine- but which is better in your opinion? Thanks.

I would go with the NOORDAM--the nicest of the Vista Class ships.

I'll take the Maasdam any day over any Vista class ship. It will be a sad day when the S-class ships are retired (except the Veendoom). I would much rather see the Vistas sold.

I will say the Rotterdam is the best ship in the fleet. I am not happy that it's basically been given back to the Dutch.

I'll take the Maasdam any day over any Vista class ship. It will be a sad day when the S-class ships are retired (except the Veendoom). I would much rather see the Vistas sold.

I will say the Rotterdam is the best ship in the fleet. I am not happy that it's basically been given back to the Dutch.

Maybe it's because it was my first cruise on a HAL ship, but after sailing on many others I still think the Rotterdam is the classiest ship in the fleet. ;)

I have been on both the Maasdam and the Noordam -I found them both very nice. The size difference was not that noticable due to the multiple elevators. Now, I did go on the Eurodam and found the atmosphere to be different, but I believe that was because it was only a 7 day cruise -- with a different demographic -- I mean we were there because it met the school vacations.

if you get off at Samana I walked up to the grand Hotel, enjoyed the Hotel

you can also walk to the same beach A long bridge, is a great walk, and there is mountain goat walk, for those with agility.

walked down to water level

and swam,

Note I lived in 3rd world, and was there in 2010, worth getting off for a stroll, but I am adventurous

We had Grand Turk replaced with Samana a couple years ago and the ship personnel actually warned that if we got off there we should take a ship excursion instead of going it on your own. So we did. It was a little eerie getting off the ship and seeing guys in camouflage on the hillside with machine guns!