Gimmee Good Coffee and No One Gets Hurt...

bzv143

Dear recent MSC Cruisers, especially on board Divina as we will be cruising on her next week in Yacht Club: how is the COFFEE?????

As an avid cruiser (39) and avid morning coffee drinker, I have seen the good, the bad, and the positively ugly (Princes and RCI come to mind with their reconstituted coffee syrup). Not a fan of Starbucks (over-roasted) or espressos (except after dinner). So--how IS the coffee? And is there a coffee machine in Yacht Club suites? Should I bring my own coffee beans or grounds?

Thanks for any information. I am packing and trying to tie up loose ends, and need to be pre-warned about my eminently important morning cuppa joe. :D

Dear recent MSC Cruisers, especially on board Divina as we will be cruising on her next week in Yacht Club: how is the COFFEE?????

As an avid cruiser (39) and avid morning coffee drinker, I have seen the good, the bad, and the positively ugly (Princes and RCI come to mind with their reconstituted coffee syrup). Not a fan of Starbucks (over-roasted) or espressos (except after dinner). So--how IS the coffee? And is there a coffee machine in Yacht Club suites? Should I bring my own coffee beans or grounds?

Thanks for any information. I am packing and trying to tie up loose ends, and need to be pre-warned about my eminently important morning cuppa joe. :D

Segafredo is the official coffee of MSC Cruises fleet-wide. On MSC Divina you'll also find the Segafredo Coffee Bar on Deck 7.

Thanks, MSC/USA, for responding. I am in for a new experience in trying Segafredo coffee. Question: will our suite in Yacht Club have a coffee maker? (We will be in the Sofia Loren suite. )

There are not coffee makers in the suites, but your butler and concierge team are available 24-hours a day. Enjoy the beautiful Sophia Loren suite!

Regards,

LOLOLOLOL Motown! I concur. I cannot go one day without my morning cup of fresh-ground liquified coffee beans. I am crossing my fingers that MSC has good coffee and that my butler knows to deliver a fresh pot at 7 am every morning. :D

being in the yacht club, I wouldn't even bother with the room service coffee. It's not bad but its never steaming hot. It's super easy to walk to the top sail lounge and get a cup really quick! If you don't feel like sitting just go straight to bar and ask for it and then take it to go.

I am a cafe latte nut and MSC's are among the best! I have at least 4 or 5 a day when I sail with MSC.

If you're not into the Italian coffees like lattes and cappuccinos then simple ask for American coffee. They'll ask you if you want warm or cold milk because cold milk is not the norm in Italy.

No experience with Divina or YC but we found the coffee on MSC to be fine, in fact yummy, once we made sure our waiter new we wanted the 'real' stuff not the watered down stuff meant for the Americans. It looked like tea rather than coffee.

As soon as we sat down in the MDR someone went rushing off to find a pot of real and hot coffee. Before that in the morning, my DH went to the Buffet where he was also able to persuade them that we needed 'real' joe and would bring it to the cabin.

I find this thread very interesting and very funny at the same time

Never thought coffee will be hot topic like this :-) but again I'm not coffee junky I can't go with out drinking coffe for weeks

I'm form Canada and never find as good coffee to drink in vacation in the USA.

I don't like Starbuck coffee ider I call it burn coffee how are the cappuccino and espresso compare to MSC ?

I find this thread very interesting and very funny at the same time

Never thought coffee will be hot topic like this :-) but again I'm not coffee junky I can't go with out drinking coffe for weeks

I'm form Canada and never find as good coffee to drink in vacation in the USA.

I don't like Starbuck coffee ider I call it burn coffee how are the cappuccino and espresso compare to MSC ?

I agree! Being a Brit living in Texas, I am more used to being concerned about the quality of my hot tea (with cold milk). I avoid Earl Grey English Breakfast and all that other 'fancy' stuff whenever possible. Cheaper and darker the better when it comes to this Brit and her morning cuppa!

In the past on Poesia, I made do with Lipton. I assumed that Divina would have Lipton also but NOOOOOO!!!!!

Can't remember the brand, but it was some sort of English Breakfast tea. A little wishy-washy. Serves me right for not taking my own tea bags this time. But I survived - barely! ha ha ha ha

I agree! Being a Brit living in Texas, I am more used to being concerned about the quality of my hot tea (with cold milk). I avoid Earl Grey English Breakfast and all that other 'fancy' stuff whenever possible. Cheaper and darker the better when it comes to this Brit and her morning cuppa!

Sainsbury's Basics Fair Trade tea bags are shockingly good at 27p for 80! I was alerted to them by someone buying a trolley load in front of me and thought I would risk 27p. They certainly beat Liptons. I will be taking a box on the next cruise along with my cup immersion boiler.

• 2 months later...

Ok so if I understand correctly, this weird American coffee drinker will do okay on the Divina. My co-workers don't like for me to make the coffee. They say it "walks" due to being so strong. And yes, I do go to Starbucks for a cup before work and the clerks all look at me strange when I ask for triple shots of espresso in a regular size cup.:eek: "Are you sure? That's awfully strong?" I also love teas and do not like the Earl Greys or other "fancy flavored" teas. I want a good strong tea, with milk not lemon. Should I pack my own teas?