Help on cancelled cruise

Purplesaurus

If you booked via Carnival you need to call them and they will walk you through it. If you booked via TA you need to call them and they will walk you through it. If you purchased the trip insurance through Carnival that will have instructions for you to follow.

Not a whole lot we can do other than tell you to call them.

Thank you all. I will call Carnival. I booke thru Carnvial and I have their insurance. Early saver

I will check my cruise manager.

I was cruising in June, 2014.

It depends on if the reason you are canceling is covered by the insurance.

If it's not you will be charged $50pp for canceling, and the balance of the deposit will be held for 24 months towards a future cruise with the remaining money refunded to your credit card that you paid the cruise off with.

Bill

If it's not you will be charged $50pp for canceling, and the balance of the deposit will be held for 24 months towards a future cruise with the remaining money refunded to your credit card that you paid the cruise off with.

Bill

Thank you Bill, this sounds like a plan. I am changing jobs , can't take a vacation so soon. $50 pp will have to do, thanks again. A valuable lesson for me!!

Edited by Purplesaurus

I had to cancel my cruise and went to my Cruise Manager to look up what it would cost me. If you go to the booking in question, there's a link that says something like "What will it cost me to cancel this booking?" That will give you the low-down on what the cancellation fees will be.

I had to cancel a bunch of cruises this year. I know your pain. :(

Sorry to hear that :eek: , hope things are better now .

It makes no difference that the cruise is paid in full. Any penalties are dependent on cancelling after final payment.

So if you were to cancel now you would get all your money back. Final payment date for a June cruise is sometime in March.

BUT you booked Early Saver. So you should get all your money back less the deposit. Of the deposit you would be penalized $50pp. The remainder of the deposit (around $200pp) will be held for you for a few (2?) years to use towards another cruise.

Do not know how Carnival Insurance works. If you would get the monies refunded for that or not. I was always of the understanding that you could not be reunded Insurance premium.

Ask if the insurance can be held and transferred to a cruise booked in the future. We had to change cruises and Travel Guard allows changes.

Edited by SadieN

You are booked ES so you forfeit $50 per person and the remain balance

of your paid for cruise (not just the deposit) minus your penalty amount.

Since you are within the 15 to 29 day penalty period if your cancellation is not covered by the insurance you will be penalized 75% of your cruise fare with the remaining balance being held as a credit.

Really?

So, What happens if the cruiser has a doctor's note stating he/she is unfit to go on a cruise?

It doesn't matter. A pre-existing condition is a pre-existing condition. Usually, pre-existing conditions are covered if you buy the insurance within two weeks of booking the cruise. If you wait, pre-existing conditions are excluded.

Really?

So, What happens if the cruiser has a doctor's note stating he/she is unfit to go on a cruise?

I don't make the rules up. Most trip insurances will not cover pre-existing conditions unless you purchase the insurance within a certain timeframe and meet their requirements. This isn't elementary school. They could care less about your doctor's note. Just like pregnant women wanting an exception to the 24 weeks policy - the cruise line could care less if your doctor thinks you are fit. They drew a line and they are going to stand behyind it.

Since you are within the 15 to 29 day penalty period if your cancellation is not covered by the insurance you will be penalized 75% of your cruise fare with the remaining balance being held as a credit.

I'm confused-if the cruise is not till June of next year, how could she be in the 15-29 day penalty period? Being this far out, couldn't one cancel at this point for any reason, even with no insurance? (Minus the $50 pp for booking ES, which I get)

Thank you guys for all your help! Your info was accurate. The rest of deposit will be held for 24 months to be used on future cruise. Thanks again:)!!!!!

Bill

Thanks, you were 100% right.

Thank you guys for all your help! Your info was accurate. The rest of deposit will be held for 24 months to be used on future cruise. Thanks again:)!!!!!

This makes the 50% reduced deposit sale even more valuable. I always didn't care about that sale because the final amount due is where the incentive lies with me. But now, hearing this, I think I will always book during that sale from now on.

I feel your pain purplesaurus... I didn't change jobs, the company I work for was sold.... They cashed out my pto, and changed the amount pto i earn per paycheck, so won't have enough for a normal paycheck when I get back. :(.Id been saving it up for 6 months to go on a7 day cruise. Only plus...at least i could put the money aside so when it happens, I kinda have it. And hopefully enough to pay my benefits.

3rd cruise: Carnival Legend, January 26th - February 2nd, 2014

Edited by Nightstarzz