Louis Cruises New Purchase?

Not technically Thomson, but I suppose it might end up being. Just noticed a ship booked into Le Havre in Northern France for July 2015 called Explorer that will be managed by Louis. It's a smaller ship, 28,000 GT., but newer built in 2001. Could this be sailing for Thomson for ex-UK cruises in 2015? Reducing the size of its ex-UK operation by having a smaller ship and then placing Spirit somewhere else to take advantage of its fly-cruises?

Will keep a look out on this. Thomson Explorer anyone? ;)

Edited by Sailaway487

Explorer operates for Semester at Sea on very long educational voyages. In 2015 she is due to end her spring voyage in Southampton, and voyages after that are not yet published. I would anticipate that this is just a booking for one of their trips not yet advertised.

Given that Thomson have just announced they are adding balconies to their ships, I can't imagine that they would be especially interested in the Explorer. She was designed to travel so far that her designers assumed balconies would be largely useless and thus she has very few. Those sisters have proven very expensive to operate and in mainstream service, have rarely been particularly successful. Costa certainly can't wait to get rid of the Voyager. I can't see her fitting with Thomson's plans but one never knows.

If my mind serves me well she was docked at mayflower terminal 106 berth for three day,s full of students on a educational cruise look,s same size as black watch or boudica look,s like the perfect replacement 28,000 tonns remind,s of the andes iworked on many moon,s ago

let,s all go up the amazon