sorry another food question - new menus

heatherbelle

I have seen the new menus on line, but does anyone know if the basic everyday menu will continue to run alongside the new menu's?

My DS is a very picky eater and basically in the restaurant lived on fruit salad and a steak every night. He was okay with food in the Lido, but ideally we would like to have dinner in the dining room on an evening. He made his food choices from the menu that was the same every evening.

I have seen the new menus on line, but does anyone know if the basic everyday menu will continue to run alongside the new menu's?

My DS is a very picky eater and basically in the restaurant lived on fruit salad and a steak every night. He was okay with food in the Lido, but ideally we would like to have dinner in the dining room on an evening. He made his food choices from the menu that was the same every evening.

No, the old menu's will not be available once a ship has been given the new menu's.

But you are in luck because there is a different steak on the menu every night and I thought I saw a fruit salad in the new menu's also.

Where can I find those menus online? I tried google but went all over the internet for it.

The Zydeco Cruiser site has the new menus now. Check out http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm. The menu menu is only on Glory for now, but it'll expand to Liberty in January 2014, then to other ships (not sure in which order).

I like the looks of the new menu and am looking forward to trying all the new dishes. We always get a 2 top so no worries about "sharing" at our table. The only problem I have is bitter and blanc and Grand Marnier souffle are missing :( Many of the new desserts looked good though. We'll see if they've got it rolled out fleet-wide by August 2014 when we sail.

The Zydeco Cruiser site has the new menus now. Check out http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm. The menu menu is only on Glory for now, but it'll expand to Liberty in January 2014, then to other ships (not sure in which order).

Wow for the most part I can barely find one thing each day that I would order. This nonsense about sharing food at the table is ridiculous. I have absolutely no interest in deciding as a group what we should order. That's the beauty of going out - you can order anything YOU want. If I wanted to consider my tablemates I'd be at home cooking for my family like I do the other 51 weeks of the year. And one dessert choice on some days???

I know for some they will just say, Oh well, we'll get used to it, or it's still better than having to go to work but between the tables looking like a cheap diner, the food choices being very limited and the sharing nonsense, bot for me Carnivals dining was one of the main reasons we cruise with them. So, time to start trying out other cruiselines. Soooooo disappointing.

It makes me appreciate not being raised a picky eater when I see threads like this :D

Picky eater???? Seriously? So you think that if someone goes to a restaurant they swhould just like everything on the menu? It's because of judgemental people like you changes happen and others are afraid to speak up.

Maybe I'm looking at this menu wrong...but I only see a couple of selections out of the apps that are "for the table". I don't see that as any different at chips and salsa or a bread basket at any land based restaurant.

I am actually really encouraged by these menu changes. I like seeing the "port of call" menu selections. I think that is a really great way for people to try something a little more local without going way out of their comfort zone. If they want, they can order on of the port of call entrees to try and still order something they are more comfortable with, just in case.

I'm heading out on the Dream in July and I'm hoping that the new menus are rolled out on her by then. My only problem will be figuring out which great looking dish to order.

I like the looks of the new menu and am looking forward to trying all the new dishes. We always get a 2 top so no worries about "sharing" at our table. The only problem I have is bitter and blanc and Grand Marnier souffle are missing :( Many of the new desserts looked good though. We'll see if they've got it rolled out fleet-wide by August 2014 when we sail.

WHAT?!?!? No Bitter and Blanc?! I was okay with the new menus until I heard that! You can have the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake, but I look forward to my Bitter and Blanc one night!

So the Victory on the 20th of January will still have old menus? I'm thinking if someone else is doing the cooking and cleaning up, I'll find SOMETHING to eat! Picker eater or not, there's something for everyone.

Edited by junglecat

I cannot believe the complaining about the new menus. In the year or so that I've been coming to the Carnival board I saw many people complain about the menus and how they needed to be updated, revamped, new items, get rid of stuff, etc. Now that it's happened, people are close to mutiny. You just can't please everyone.

IMO, people need to broaden their horizons and try something new. Change is inevitable in every facet of life.