Prices....going up...eso British Isles??

lanceholt

We are pricing some cruises for 2015 and prices seem higher than we have paid in the last 2 years. We are cruising with our adult daughter in a suite. Prices for the Star British Isles seem out of whack, ESP since it is 12 days, not 14. Two bedroom suite for the 3 of us is over $12,500. No price drop for 3rd person that I could see on either the new or the old website. Other Med cruises are a little lower but not much. We fly on miles, but seems to me that this is high for NCL in view of airfares. We started with NCL in Europe because of the value...

Edited by lanceholt

The British isles and Norway itineraries are exceptions that are offered in only very limited numbers and that's why they are more expensive than cruises offered over and over again for months. People have been craving for new itineraries so I'm quite sure that those specific prices won't be going down either.

What comes to other itineraries, I can't tell - if you're using either UK or EU site, it pays off to check the main site for prices too.

Also, I do see the prices showing completely normally (with cheaper third person) on the new site, when I price for 2 passengers, the price for SG suite (lowest available suite at the moment) is $4249pp and for 3 passengers the price is $3015pp - so there definitely is the correct third person price applied to the total.

Same goes with SC, for two pax it's $5899pp and for three pax it's $4115pp.

Edited by Demonyte

Yes I guess they are pricing a commodity that isn't offered all the time. We have looked at regular Med cruises and they are higher too....we were on the Jade in 2012 for a btb 14 days and this year same suite is quite higher. Of course you are right and prices may drop as we get closer. On a couple of our Med cruises and our Baltic, esp we had 2 or 3 price drops before final payment. On the smaller ships like the Star however there are fewer suites so they don't drop like a mini, balcony, or inside will.