HELP! I lost all my pictures!!!

My husband and I were on the Navigator of the Seas on July 2nd to July 9th.

Unfortunately when we went to download our pictures from the digital camera the SD card had a format error and deleated all of our pictures from the cruise. We e-mailed Getway but according to them once the card has an error it will reformat and will permenatly deleat all of the images. We are very upset.

We were wondering if anyone out there was on the same voyage and would be willing to e-mail us some general pictures of the ship and the ports that we could burn to a CD and take to develop.

My e-mail address is kgall1977@yahoo.com. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Kamil

That's awful! :( I hope that someone can help you out. Did you purchase the video? I know that you can take still pictures from that. They aren't the greatest quality, but it's better than nothing.

Not sure about your exact cruise but I do know that you can get tons of photos of your ship at http://www.webshots.com. I would be so upset if I lost all of my photos as I am so sure you are. Maybe you could take that photo card to an expert and just see if they can find anything on it. Good luck!

If all else fails, you could take the cruise again :-) !

I've gotten some images off a 'formatted' or corrupt card with recovery software - one of my cards came with a program called 'Rescuepro'. If you haven't already totally shot over the whole card? Maybe give a program like that a try?

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/rescuepro.asp - they have a link to a free demo that you can try on your card before buying the program . . . it probably won't let you save . .

I had such a problem too and learned that there are plenty of software available to recover pictures from the cards. Do a Internet search for image recovery software. Of course there is no guarantee but it´s worth a try. When it happened to me I was able to download some software for free from the internet and I got all my pics back that I already thought I had lost. It only cost me a few hours time and much sweat to learn about it.

Good luck.

Unfortunately when we went to download our pictures from the digital camera the SD card had a format error and deleated all of our pictures from the cruise.

Kamil

I know that it's often recommended on the boards to get "large memory cards" because the price is cheap, but your example is the reason I use several smaller cards. Yes, my chances of something going wrong increase, but it would be hard for me to lose everything.

-Monte

I'm really not a computer geek, but this may sound like it. We had neighbors who transferred their photos at the shipboard photo center in Alaska, and something went wrong. When they got home, only about 10 of their 100 photos had transferred.

Using a photo recovery software, we were able to recover the ones that hadn't been written over yet. It really depends on whether they were "logically deleted" -- meaning that they were erased from the memory card, or "physically deleted" -- the card was actually reformatted. I'd take your card to a professional photo place that prints digital pictures and see if they have any suggestions, or if they might have any specialized programs or equipment that could help at all.

Good luck!

Archived