Diamond Dolphin Balconies

Yohann42

My dear parents have done a wonderful thing for us. Two days before our cruise, they upgraded us to a mini-suite on Dolphin deck. Anyone have any problems with the fully exposed balconies?. Colder at night, rain ect.

There have been numerous discussions about the open balconies on Dolphin, even in the short time I have been at CC. But you can probably answer some of your own questions. :confused:

Is there a problem with rain......if the balcony does not have a roof? Sure, if it is raining, the rain will come right down on the balcony, furniture, and any people on the balcony because there is no roof. Of course, the biggest unknown...will it rain on your cruise. No one here can predict. If it does not rain, not a problem.

Is it colder at night....if the balcony does not have a roof. Sure, any protective structure will also add some insulation, even if just a little bit.

Some other ideas......it might be more windy, too.

Keep in mind.....a covered balcony has 5 sides "closed off:" roof, 2 sides, floor, and the glass doors into the cabin. Without a roof, you'll have one more exposed side...the side which most protects you from the elements. Right?

You know....it's funny. I have the same questions about our balcony....until someone sat me down and said "Think about this!" :D

Remember.....unless you are willing to change cabins.....that is what it is. Nothing you can do about it....and certainly, don't fret about it now. Thnk about the fun time you'll have.

We were very fortunate on our cruise last year to have beautiful weather - so we used our balcony in D603 alot. Spent more time on it than in our room. Never had any problems with anyone above us. We ate breakfast out there almost every day. I loved it and we have another booked for next month - hoping for beautiful weather again! :)

Have been in mini's on Dolphin several times. Enjoyed the balcony tremendously and never had a problem with them being open. Never really knew the difference. Keep your cabin and have a wonderful cruise. You will enjoy every minute of it.:D

We had a Dolphin cabin 627 and didn't mind the open balcony.

Yes, we did have some rain, but we sat in the chair inside the room or on the couch with the door open and enjoyed it.

I know some people make a fuss about it, but it really wasn't a big deal for us.

We had 4 people in the cabin and loved every second of it.

Enjoy your cruise!

Carm

We were on the Diamond in D700 in mid-October to the Mexican Riviera. We have cruised many times and always with balconies. I had no problem with the open balcony and I am fairer than fair. The last day coming back into LA it was too windy to spend too much time out there but I did spend some time on it. Loved the mini-suite - nicer than the Celebrity minis.

Archived