Norwegian Breakaway vs. Celebrity Summit for Bermuda Cruise July 20

bermudajuly

Hi, I am planning a cruise getaway to Bermuda from NYC week of July 20-27, 2014. I am going with a longstanding childhood friend. We are in our early forties and want to get away for a week from husbands and children. We are vibrant, love good food and wine, a good show, and to have fun. We cannot decide on whether to take the NCL Breakaway for this trip or the Celebrity Summit. Opinions? We are both seasoned cruisers. I have been on RCCL (Explorer, Oasis, Allure, Brilliance), Princess (Crown), Carnival (Excstasy), Disney (Fantasy); she has been on RCCL Oasis and one other ship.

Guest maddycat

My favorite cruise lines are RCI and Celebrity. I have also sailed on Costa, Princess and NCL. I would go on the Summit. In my opinion, the service, food, and entertainment will all be better on the Summit.

There is something else that you might want to consider. In July, the Breakaway will probably have far more children on board.

Two entirely different cruise experiences, NCL Breakaway is a brand new ship with dozens of specialty restaurants lots of Wow, rock climbing walls and a water park.

The Celebrity Summit is much more old school and traditional, newly refurbished (Solsiticized) with new Blu Restaurants (Aqua Class and Suites) Q-Zine Specialty Restaurant and new lounges.

If you're looking for a low key, elegant and relaxing cruise I'd pick the Summit.

Jonathan

Have been on Summit 2x and truly enjoyed the food and service but the ship is a little boring and I'm a grandfather.:D I recently have been on the Jewel and the Gem and the entertainment was head over heals vs the Summit. No bells and whistles on the Summit, I would go on the newer Breakaway.

I have been on both and loved both...but for different reasons. Both were to Bermuda.

The Summit was soooo relaxing. GREAT service and GREAT solarium.

The Breakaway....brand new...tons of fun.

It really depends on what you are looking for. I would go with the Summit for a more relaxing and pampered experience or the Breakaway for nonstop fun and action.

Keep in mind.....tons and tons of kids will be on the Breakaway during the summer months. Yes, the Summit will have children also, but not as many as the Breakaway.

Good luck in your decision....:o:o