Has anyone ever done this with Priceline?

snorkly

Hi,

I'm looking for hotels in FLL. My cruise gets into port on a Monday morning and I would like to check in as early as possible. I would like to book Sunday night and Monday night through Priceline so I will have a room available Monday morning. Has anyone ever done this with Priceline? Will my room be given up if I don't check-in on Sunday evening?

Thanks for all of your help!

I was doing back to back cruises. Booked my hotel at the Marriott Hotel and Marina through priceline for just 1 night. I was expecting to have to wait around for a few hours to get a room. I got to the hotel at 9:06 am, they had a room ready and offered it to me, I took it and was all checked in and in my room by 9:20 a.m. So to answer your question, I don't think you would need to book two nights. If they do have a room available, they would be happy to give it to you, but then on the other hand, if they don't, you will have to wait.

Hi,

I'm looking for hotels in FLL. My cruise gets into port on a Monday morning and I would like to check in as early as possible. I would like to book Sunday night and Monday night through Priceline so I will have a room available Monday morning. Has anyone ever done this with Priceline? Will my room be given up if I don't check-in on Sunday evening?

Thanks for all of your help!

Your room should not be given away because it has been "pre paid" from priceline. However paying for a nights stay you are not using may very well erase the savings from using priceline. I'd suggest contacting a hotel of your choice directly and asking about early checkin options...or some hotels may offer a "day rate" meaning you get the use of the room for the daytime but not overnight. Also most hotels would offer their guests luggage storage until checkin time too...drop off your bags and go out for a few hours.

JMHO

Bill

I am the GM of a hotel - here's what I recommend -

Chances are that if a hotel is selling rooms on priceline, they won't be sold out - so an early check in is very likely. Worse case, they'll store your bags for you while you go "play". I wouldn' reserve the two nights!

Your room should not be given away because it has been "pre paid" from priceline.

Bill, that's what I thought. WRONG, I learned the hard way. I booked a two nights stay in South Beach. Was delayed, did not arrive until 6am the next day. I expected to be able to go directly to my room. The front desk said no, I could not get my room until 4pm. I asked them, whats up with that, I paid for two nights, I own a room here. They said not so, read your Priceline contract. Sure enough they were within their rights, here's the caveat from the Priceline website:

Late Arrival and Failure to Check-in on First Night. If you are going to be delayed or find that you cannot check in to your hotel on the date you requested, you should contact the hotel to let them know. If you fail to check in to your hotel on the day of your reservation and do not alert the hotel, the remaining portion of your reservation will be canceled and you will not be entitled to a refund.

I neglected to notify the hotel. Fortunately they granted me the 2nd night I paid for.

After you win the bid on priceline ALWAYS call the hotel so they can make a notation on your reservation or your room could be given away. Make sure to get the name of the desk clerk you speak with and make a note of it when you do this.

Bill, that's what I thought. WRONG, I learned the hard way. I booked a two nights stay in South Beach. Was delayed, did not arrive until 6am the next day. I expected to be able to go directly to my room. The front desk said no, I could not get my room until 4pm. I asked them, whats up with that, I paid for two nights, I own a room here. They said not so, read your Priceline contract. Sure enough they were within their rights, here's the caveat from the Priceline website:

Late Arrival and Failure to Check-in on First Night. If you are going to be delayed or find that you cannot check in to your hotel on the date you requested, you should contact the hotel to let them know. If you fail to check in to your hotel on the day of your reservation and do not alert the hotel, the remaining portion of your reservation will be canceled and you will not be entitled to a refund.

I neglected to notify the hotel. Fortunately they granted me the 2nd night I paid for.

Bequia,

I did not realize that was the case !!

Thanks for the information and you can be sure I will remember this....( the things I've learned on this site are priceless )

Thanks Again,

Bill

Archived