Interior stateroom that sleeps 4

mjkulp00

For an INTERIOR, the bunks will definitely be above the main beds, either partially or fully. One setup is with the 2 lower beds separated. Both beds will be against opposite walls, and a bunk will be fully over each bed, with open space in the middle of the room. All 4 people sleep in the same direction.

The other setup is with the 2 lower beds together. The bunks are still in the same spot, but they are both partially above the lower beds. There is about a 1-foot overlap. The room is about 9'2" wide. The lower beds put together is 5'6" wide. That means there is about 22 inches of space between the outside of the bed and the wall on both sides. The upper bunk is about 33 inches wide, up against the wall, so that equals about 11 inches overlapping the bed (give or take an inch or 2). This setup is not to desirable, as there is no open space in the bedroom part of the room, and it can be very easy to bang your head against an upper bunk, especially when the lights are off. A side exit is very difficult, as there will also be a ladder in the way at the foot of the bunk. So you have to sidestep while bent over, then squeeze around the ladder. The only safe way out of the bed is to slither out the foot of the bed. I would recommend against this setup. Even though you won't be sleeping next to your spouse, separating the lower beds to create some open space in the room will make things so much better & safer.

You could ask for the lower beds to be together & pushed up against one wall, but that would then trap the person who is fully under the bunk, with a ladder at the foot & a person to their side. They would need their partner to get out of bed before they could.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend moving up to an oceanview room. Those rooms are tremendously larger. Nobody will be above you at all. The 3rd person will sleep in a sofa bed (not a pullout), and the 4th person will sleep in an upper bunk fully over the sofabed. Those beds are totally separate from your 2 twins/king bed.

Edited by k2excursion

If the lower beds are left as twins – then the bucks are directly overhead.

If you make the lower beds into one king – then the bunks will be over the edges of the bed, however when you get out of the lower bed you will have to walk under the bunks.

I often book insides and have with 4 people – it is a tight fit but 2 adults and 2 kids were ok although next time I will get an oceanview or 2 cabins. We choose to leave the lower beds separated as twins.

The insides do not have a couch in them leaving only the lower beds and a small stool to sit on.

Cruise line rooms have pictures of cabin 7217 and 8283 with a 4 person setup.

I guess I was typing at the same time as K2 – who did a much better job describing what I was trying to say.

Edited by dodgetrucksrule

Yeah...I'm beginning to rethink this... We have grandparents down the hall so we can use that bathroom if need be for one of the kids to get ready.

Do you know if the bunks will be folded up against the wall during the day?

In my experience, the extra beds have always remained out & made up 100% of the time. Oddly enough, some people around these boards have said the exact opposite: that they are always put away for them during the daytime. I (and many others) have never had that happen, but they always have that happen, and neither of us have ever made any requests to the steward. Go figure! It seems like everyone is either an always or a never; no inbetween. If you want the bunks put away, ask the room steward to do it for you.

For the Dream, when the bunks are put away, they go up into the ceiling, not against the wall. Having them in the ceiling puts them even more out of the way. It does eliminate a sitting/laying area during the daytime for those using those bunks.

We were on the Dream recently with our 6 and 4 yr olds. We had our bed as a king. It was fine. We left the beds down because we rested some during the day. Our room steward asked us if we preferred to put them back or leave them down. You can let your steward know how you want to do it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app