Zip-Lining Excursions

MickeyNicki

I am looking at two different excursions in Montego Bay, Jamaica through Carnival. I don't usually go through the cruise lines, but since one is about 2 hours from the ship, I would want to be safe on time. The first is the Chukka Canopy Experience (8 hrs.) and YS Falls $115/ person, the second is Canopy Tour Adventures (4 hrs.) $99/person. Pricing is too close to give consideration. One is obviously farther away given the time difference. Has anyone every been on either of these that could give me your opinion? We are a family of 4. Two kids 10 and 12. They are both very adventurous and one has been zip-lining before and loved it. The minimum age on both is 6 years. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We did chukka at rose hall two weeks ago and my dd13 and ds11 loved it! We did the zip only $99pp thru celebrity and it was roughly 4 hours total. Did 7ish zips and 2 free fall rappels. My brother in law and two nieces did the zip and tubing combo, their zip was not at rose hall and had no rappels.

We chose zip only as we were worried about lag time between activities and also wanted more zips. We feel that we made the right choice.

Also, the ride wasn't short (coming from Falmouth), and we were glad that transport was included as the ride was rough and not imaginable in a taxi.

Good luck!

We have done both.

Comparing the two we liked Canopy the best.

Why:

1. Was our first zip line experience and memorable.

2. Had the most runs we ever did on an excursion I think 9

3. Guides were very entertaining.

4. The driver on the way up the mountain gave a history and cultural information talk that was good. If he made it up I belived him anyway.

The only thing was they would not let you take cameras and you had to get a locker if you had a bag or camera, no where to put it.

Chuka:

1. Nice runs 7 I believe

2. Closer to the port

3. awesome when you zip over the river

You would not be disappointed with either.

We are re- doing Chuka this upcoming July.

(docking at Falmouth----Canopy closer to Ocho Rios)

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss