Camp carnival question

MexicoCruzinMomma

My daughter is going on the Dream with us in Aug 2014. She is 5, and a big 5 at that, she does not want to go to CC if she has to be in the 2-5 year old group. She will be less than 30 days away from being 6 when we board the ship. Has anyone ever had any problems moving their child to an older age group in CC? Is it possible? Any suggestions on whom I need to speak to when I board about it?

I love my daughter but man it will be a long week for both of us if I cant get her into an older class and we are attached at the hip the whole vacation.

Any help is appreciated :)

On one of our cruises my youngest was 5 and a month away from 6 as well. They were pretty strict about the age groups and he couldn't goto 6-8 group. He didn't like the camp much because he was the oldest and all of the activities are pretty much set for the younger ages. I've read that carnival won't budge on the ages. we tried since his older sisters were in 6-8 range but still denied. good luck but remember your on vacation and that still beats working. The dream is a good ship and the water park is fun

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You need to speak with the Youth Director of Camp Carnival - this person's name will be listed on the Camp Carnival Activity Schedule that you receive at orientation on the first day. The Youth Director is in charge of all of Camp Carnival and will have the discretion to allow children to move up age groups - like others, I have heard of it working or not working. Just be polite, state your case, and then accept their decision. When there are not a lot of kids onboard, sometimes the 6-8's and 9-11's get combined a lot. That is a big spread in ages, and may affect the decision.

depends on when you are going in August.

If there is a LOT of kids in the groups the chance of moving up will be very hard.

The later in the month that you go the better the chances.

My grand daughter did not like the 2-5 year program when she was 5. so she stayed with us all week. next cruise she was 7 and she did like the program a lot better

You need to speak with the Youth Director of Camp Carnival - this person's name will be listed on the Camp Carnival Activity Schedule that you receive at orientation on the first day. The Youth Director is in charge of all of Camp Carnival and will have the discretion to allow children to move up age groups - like others, I have heard of it working or not working. Just be polite, state your case, and then accept their decision. When there are not a lot of kids onboard, sometimes the 6-8's and 9-11's get combined a lot. That is a big spread in ages, and may affect the decision.

Nice chocolates help, too!

We have two kids 14 months apart. We have been able to move the younger one up with no issue. Just ask politely when you register and accept their decision. We have have found the friendlier you are with the staff the easier things go, but Isn't that true with everything in life.