Snorkel, Cruise, Beach, Swim - FYD9

mjonis

cd_shorex_hdr.gif

Snorkel, Cruise, Beach, Swim - FYD9

Enjoy snorkeling oru majestic reef system in Falmouth…. Teaming with tropical fish and other marine wildlife. Afterwards its only a short distance to relax on the beach closeby. Time passes by as you relax along a pristine white sandy beach. Afterwards cruise along the Famous ' Luminous lagoon ' and enjoy its mistique!!

s.gif

Departing directly from the Falmouth Cruise Pier aboard the well equipped snorkel cruiser arriving at the marine reef eco system, an exciting adventure awaits.Receive instructions and be outfitted with all gear provided, enter the underwater world the guide will lead you along the reef system amidst the colorful tropical fish andcoral formation. Enjoy snorkeling oru majestic reef system in Falmouth. Teaming with tropical fish and other marine wildlife.

Then, its only a short distance to relax on the beach closeby. Time passes by as you relax along a pristine white sandy beach….. Afterwards cruise along the Famous ' Luminous lagoon ' and enjoy its mistique! After a wonderful underwater enjoyment re-board and stop at the nearby beach for a splash and a cruise of the luminous lagoon returning to the pier. An unforgettable experience.

Anyone done the above from RCI yet? Like which beach? Where does it stop to snorkel?

I wish they were more informative about these things.

We had a great day in Falmouth. I think people think it's too far to go to the falls. We were a group of 6. Steve's Jamaica Tours took us river tubing and to climb Dunn's River Falls. It was great to have a private driver. We had a great time tubing and got to the falls just as all the massive tour buses were leaving. We climbed with no crowd at all - sooo fun! Then we stopped at Scotchie's for jerk chicken and pork on the way back to Falmouth - really good.

• 5 weeks later...

I too am hoping someone will write a review for FYD9 (snorkel, swim, beach) we are sailing in April and we booked the dreamer catamaran, but I am thinking it would be nicer to leave from the pier rather than have a 45 minute bus ride.

• 4 weeks later...
I too am hoping someone will write a review for FYD9 (snorkel, swim, beach) we are sailing in April and we booked the dreamer catamaran, but I am thinking it would be nicer to leave from the pier rather than have a 45 minute bus ride.

We too will be sailing in April. We are planning on talking the Dreamer Catamaran. The FDY9 sounds good because of the short ride, but what is a "snorkel cruiser"? If it's just a power boat - I think I'll stay with the catamaran. Stretching out on the nets and sailing is half the fun.

• 1 month later...

I booked this excursion for my husband and two teenage children, I did not go on it, but thought I could give you their opinions since there doesn't seem to be much information on it. We were on the Serenade sailing out on 3/15/14.

I pre-purchased this excursion before we left and when we arrived on ship the tickets were in our staterooms and said they need to meet at 9:15 for the trip. In the discription it said that the tour started at 11:00 so I thought that perhaps they had changed the time. So they went down and met the group from the Serenade at 9:15. They waited about 30-40 minutes for the group coming off the Oasis to join them. They then boarded a shuttle bus and went outside the gated area to meet the snorkle boat. One of the reasons I booked this particular excursion is because I didn't want to go outside the pier. They said they felt safe and were't hassled though.

It was not a catamaran, but that's ok, I wasn't expecting it to be. It looked more like a fishing boat powered by a motor. They had 29 on their tour.

They snorkled around a little island (it's actually a little finger penisula that comes off the mainland Jamaica from the east) that is just to the right of the pier area. They were in view of the Serenade the whole time. Didn't see much.

The most disappointing part of the trip was the private beach they went to. It was knee deep in grassy, seaweed plants that they had to wade to get on the beach. The beach was covered in it too. So they couldn't swim and it wasn't great to sit on either. They said there was a guard on the beach keeping watch. The beach was also on the little island

They then snorkled a bit more and the guide gave them a bit of history about Falmouth. They thought the snorkeling was ok, but realized how not great it was on the next two days when we took taxi's to a couple of beach entry snorkle spots in Cayman and Cozumel.

So all in all I would not recommend this excursion, especially for the $99 price tag. I know there are so few options in Falmouth and I was really hoping this would be a good option, but if we go back we would not book it. I think there are no reviews because it was just average to bad, nothing memorable. They arrived back about 2:00, so it took longer that I anticipated, but they didn't feel like they had that much snorkeling time, so it must have been in the transporting back and forth and I'm still not sure why they needed to meet at 9:15.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll get answers from my family.

Edited by aruss

I booked this excursion for my husband and two teenage children, I did not go on it, but thought I could give you their opinions since there doesn't seem to be much information on it. We were on the Serenade sailing out on 3/15/14.

Thanks for the information, it is helpful.