Food and drink @ mahogany bay question

overthehillcruiser

We can't decide what to do. This will be our first time at Mahogany Bay. Been to Roatan several times, seen most of it.Wife wants to eat some really good seafood but it's crazy to pay like $60 for the two of us just for a cab ride. For those of you who have stayed at Mahogany Bay, how is the food as far as really good fish, and any info on prices for food or drink would be appreciated.Also, as there will be two ships there will we have to fight for beach chairs? Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone have answers about food & drink at Mahogany Bay Beach? Last time at Roatan I did a tour so in March planning to stay at beach. Is it a mad dash for beach chairs & umbrellas or plenty? Food options there or is it quick to go back & forth to ship without paying $12. pp for chair ride?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been there, but I didn't eat anything. You don't need to use the chair lift to get to the beach. It is a nice little stroll, less than 10 minutes, you really can't get lost.

We were there in the morning, and there were plenty of chairs in both sun and shade. We didn't try to claim a clamshell, but most of them appeared to be empty. Even in the afternoon, when I went back to the ship and my husband took photos, the beach was not crowded and there were lots of seats.

BUT the Crown Princess was the only ship at Mahogany Bay that day. I don't think it would be crazy even if there were two ships there, but I can't speak from personal experience.

Hubby and I did a B2B last month and visited Roatan twice. After our two different excursions, we ended up in Mahogany Beach to unwind. We ate at the Hurricane Hole which had a Caribbean Jerk Chicken special which the chicken is grilled and smoked. This reminded me of Jamaican home cooking. There are several other places to eat right on the beach. I have a cruise blog where I wrote about Roatan and our brief Mahogany Beach experience with pictures. Enjoy!