Hot Chocolate on Fantasy ?

Moomin2009

An odd question, but our daughter has just got in to drinking hot chocolate and asked me today if there would be any on the "holiday boat".

I realised I have no idea but thought someone on here would be able to point us in the right direction if there is any to be found.

You are most welcome (I've been on DCL ships way too many times!)

The hot chocolate at the beverage station is in packets that you mix with water. I THINK (but am not sure) that in the dining rooms it is made from milk' date=' not the instant stuff.[/quote']

sweet! On the wonder there were no packets, it came from the machine like coffee does. At home, I mix a packet of hot chocolate with my coffee.

A yummy tip, full coffee cup half to 3/4's with chocolate soft serve, fill with hot chocolate, put top on, mix with stir stick. enjoy!

IF you have the packets, you can get a few, ask room service for hot milk and mix your own.

sweet! On the wonder there were no packets, it came from the machine like coffee does.

IF you have the packets, you can get a few, ask room service for hot milk and mix your own.

That's different.....on the Magic in August, it was still in packets near the tea bags. I'm not sure what or why the difference or if my reply is out of date.....

An odd question, but our daughter has just got in to drinking hot chocolate and asked me today if there would be any on the "holiday boat".

I realised I have no idea but thought someone on here would be able to point us in the right direction if there is any to be found.

"Holiday Boat" thats cute!

14 cruises later my 13 yr old still callsthe "Muster Drill" a "Mustard Drill"

That's different.....on the Magic in August' date=' it was still in packets near the tea bags. I'm not sure what or why the difference or if my reply is out of date.....[/quote']

The drink station (well, the coffee/hot water part) on the Wonder:

29lnu50.jpg

Generally, we could get hot chocolate from the machine. Sometimes it wasn't working and they had the packets.

The drink station (well, the coffee/hot water part) on the Wonder:

29lnu50.jpg

Generally, we could get hot chocolate from the machine. Sometimes it wasn't working and they had the packets.

There's a trick to getting it working. The guy knew the trick. lol, open it up, and bang. Works again! It was running just water a few times. I didn't care, one guy said something to the staff guy. Staff guy did the trick. and magic, it worked again.

Though last week there was an additional wooden box with 12 different teas.

There's a trick to getting it working. The guy knew the trick. lol, open it up, and bang. Works again! It was running just water a few times. I didn't care, one guy said something to the staff guy. Staff guy did the trick. and magic, it worked again.

Though last week there was an additional wooden box with 12 different teas.

Besides the one all the way on the left (in that picture)?

j8lhmq.jpg

YUK...by your picture they have gone back to that nasty nutrasweet yellow instead of real Splenda. I was so happy this summer--I brought my own Splenda based on the lack of it on my previous cruise and was delighted to find the real stuff at the beverage station! Turned out they had both products on the ship. My assistant server knew I liked the real stuff, so made her own stash for the duration of the cruise!:)

YUK...by your picture they have gone back to that nasty nutrasweet yellow instead of real Splenda. I was so happy this summer--I brought my own Splenda based on the lack of it on my previous cruise and was delighted to find the real stuff at the beverage station! Turned out they had both products on the ship. My assistant server knew I liked the real stuff' date=' so made her own stash for the duration of the cruise!:)[/quote']

Well, that picture was actually on our Hawaii cruise, about a year ago. Whether they've changed the sweeteners or not, I don't know.

Well, that picture was actually on our Hawaii cruise, about a year ago. Whether they've changed the sweeteners or not, I don't know.

Thanks for the date! On the July/August Med cruises (2013), they had both Splenda and NutraSweet Yellow. Just had to be careful which was out when I got it. I understand that the Splenda costs more, but.....well, the Med cruises weren't cheap! Taking my own box is easy, but takes a lot of space in the luggage~