Orlando Sentinel Update - Port Canaveral Upgrades

That guy knows business.

It excites me that we are getting all of this expansion with the idea for even more. I think it's great. The article is quick to point out how the shuttle program has ended but funny there's no mention as to what is coming next for Kennedy Space Center, NASA and local economy.

2017 marks the first test launch of the next generation manned space vehicle (Heavy Lift Vehicle). With the proposed manned launch scheduled for 2020. All of these loose ends seem to have a common point to tie together.

I also think it's brilliant to add shopping and other amenities within walking distance to the port for those ships just making a stop.

Still crossing my fingers for an Oasis Class to call PC home. Oasis Class, Freedom Class and Vision Class all calling it home. Oasis to take over Eastern/Western, Freedom to do extended Caribbean and Southern routes with the Vision(Enchantment of the Seas) to continue it's 3/4 night itineraries.

Edited by G85 SS

That guy knows business.

It excites me that we are getting all of this expansion with the idea for even more. I think it's great. The article is quick to point out how the shuttle program has ended but funny there's no mention as to what is coming next for Kennedy Space Center, NASA and local economy.

2017 marks the first test launch of the next generation manned space vehicle (Heavy Lift Vehicle). With the proposed manned launch scheduled for 2020. All of these loose ends seem to have a common point to tie together.

I also think it's brilliant to add shopping and other amenities within walking distance to the port for those ships just making a stop.

Still crossing my fingers for an Oasis Class to call PC home. Oasis Class, Freedom Class and Vision Class all calling it home. Oasis to take over Eastern/Western, Freedom to do extended Caribbean and Southern routes with the Vision(Enchantment of the Seas) to continue it's 3/4 night itineraries.

I thought I read somewhere when the announcement of the new terminal was made officially that they said they would announce the tenants and ships of the new terminal by the end of the year. We know it would not be NCL Escape given recent reports she is headed for Miami. So looks like RCI is the only one left with new builds of the three major cruise lines, and the only one with a 6000 passenger vessel that would benefit from this new terminal. So I hope you are right that PC gets an Oasis Class ship. Maybe Captain Johnny and Captain Tore will bring Allure to PC :) Both were captains at PC on different RCI ships and are now both on Allure. Yes, it's wishful thinking on my part :)