Connecting rooms of different types on Fantasy

MellieInWI

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to book connecting rooms on Fantasy of different categories? For example, I'd love to get a verandah room with a connecting room that does not have a balcony to save money and alleviate worries of my kids being on a deck unattended.

Is that even an option?

As far as I know, no oceanview connecting to a balcony. If your kids are old enough, you can get an inside room for them across the hall from a balcony room (lots of people do this with teens.) Another hint--a baby monitor can be placed in their room with the receiving unit across that hall. It works, and lets you monitor what is happening in the other cabin.

As far as I know' date=' no oceanview connecting to a balcony. If your kids are old enough, you can get an inside room for them across the hall from a balcony room (lots of people do this with teens.) Another hint--a baby monitor can be placed in their room with the receiving unit across that hall. It works, and lets you monitor what is happening in the other cabin.[/quote']

That actually sounds like a great idea. I know the room across the hall is much closer than dd's bedroom is to me right now at home.

The only different class of cabins that connect internally on the new builds (Dream Class) are on deck 5 and 6 aft/stern. And those are HC OV to 5e verandas.

I always felt DCL should add these doors. I always wanted a veranda connecting to an OV with a huge porthole. Wishful thinking I guess. lol.

Good luck

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to book connecting rooms on Fantasy of different categories? For example, I'd love to get a verandah room with a connecting room that does not have a balcony to save money and alleviate worries of my kids being on a deck unattended.

Is that even an option?

We have booked the Fantasy for July 2014 with Connecting room Concierge Category T 1 Bedroom Suite with Verandah & Category V Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (also the wall between the Verandah can be opened up)

(VARY EXPENSAVE)

STUR DAYTON, OHIO

We have booked the Fantasy for July 2014 with Connecting room Concierge Category T 1 Bedroom Suite with Verandah & Category V Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (also the wall between the Verandah can be opened up)

(VARY EXPENSAVE)

STUR DAYTON, OHIO

This is the only example I was aware of where cabins of differing categories connect. And I didn't mention it because OP was trying to save money (go lower than a verandah). Moving to concierge wouldn't meet OP's needs! The cat T and V combination is both expansive and expensive.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thanks for all the replies!

The baby monitor idea is a pretty great idea, actually. I'm pricing out all of the different combinations right now, and until I just brought up the monitor idea to my husband, we were thinking we'd just spring for the balcony rooms. That might just fit the bill for us actually!

Thanks for the comments!