Men's haircuts

FRANKIEDNYC

We are sailing on the 68 day South America/Antarctica Cruise on Jan 5 On the Prinsendam. In our welcome aboard pkg , many wine spa and other packages are listed including one that say 3 Men's haircuts on port days with free head massage $45.00. But when I go to book, It seems you have to book 3 separate haircuts at $45.00 each. Am I doing something wrong? Any one know the regular price for a haircut aboard ship? $45.00 seems quite excessive, even for HAL.

We are sailing on the 68 day South America/Antarctica Cruise on Jan 5 On the Prinsendam. In our welcome aboard pkg , many wine spa and other packages are listed including one that say 3 Men's haircuts on port days with free head massage $45.00. But when I go to book, It seems you have to book 3 separate haircuts at $45.00 each. Am I doing something wrong? Any one know the regular price for a haircut aboard ship? $45.00 seems quite excessive, even for HAL.

It is $45 for the package of 3 haircuts. or $15 each. We have purchased it before, I am absolutely sure. Just buy the package, it will be showing on your on board prepaid expenses.

I agree -- what until you are on the ship.

There are always lots of specials on port days.

The package is already discounted. from $25 a cut regular price. There is no port special on the 3 cuts for $45 for men. I have never seen it on any of the Grand Voyages we have taken (11 of them).

Yes you can also do it in port if you have nothing else to visit or do. Sometimes, you find a cheap place easily, sometimes you have to look for it.

Edited by happyglobetrotter

May be much cheaper if you get your hair cut on shore - just ask the port lecturer. My husband who sports a 'military' hair cut paid something like $3 in a few ports on the same cruise this year.

A $3.00 haircut?

Remember, you get what you pay for.

We were on the same cruise last Jan & DH paid $25 plus tip for his one cut.. He had his hair cut short before we left, so he was able to wait about 5 weeks before he got a cut on the ship..

At home he usually gets a cut once a month..

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

Follow happyglobetrotter's advice to the letter. She is correct. I have used the 3 cuts for $45 package ---- or whatever it was in 2012! ---- and I discovered I really didn't have to wait until a port day. While you're at it, have a pedicure.