Booked my pre-cruise hotel in San Juan!

ldlewis45

They have been sold out the next Saturday for at least a couple of months you probably did get the last room. Its a shame your review of the place won't do us any good we will already of stayed there when you are getting off the ship.:)

I think they had a cancellation, since I remember looking at it when I booked the cruise and it was fully booked.

120 of 144 reviews rate it very good or excellent. Better than half decent, especially for the location and price. And as we know on. Cruise Critic, people are more likely to go online to make negative reviews than positive ones.

Casablanca Hotel in Old San Juan! I apparently took the last room they had available for that night, lol. I'm getting so excited for this cruise. 39 days to go!

I was born in PR and been wanting to cruise there. Hopefully next year wife and i can swing it. Either from florida or just fly to PR from houston where i live.

Casablanca Hotel in Old San Juan! I apparently took the last room they had available for that night, lol. I'm getting so excited for this cruise. 39 days to go!

That where I'll be on sat nite. It's close to the port!

Kevin

Since the hotel doesn't have an elevator, has anyone had difficulty finding staff to help carry bags upstairs? I will be traveling with my mom and steps are difficult enough, with bags it would be impossible.

We stayed at the Casablanca in October when we cruised on the Valor. They do have staff that will carry your bags up and down the stairs for you. The hotel is quite unique and they played the movie Casablanca on the wall continuously. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance for all meals. There is even a Starbucks right around the corner. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the port.

I am sure you will enjoy your hotel and stay. We just recently cruised there and rented a car and were unfortunately disappointed. I booked that cruise just for PR and now never have any desire to go back. We drove 140 miles in that day and never saw anything lovely. No well kept homes, nothing. We did go to Jose Cansnco's ball field. I am assuming there must be nice areas but it was quite blighted. Have met some people from PR recently and they said they have recently gone back and been surprised at the downturn of the country. I was so sad.

When we stayed there, we only took the smaller of each of our two bags up to the room, they kept the bigger ones downstairs locked up for us.

Thanks for the info we are taking a rolling bag with wetsuits, and snorkel/dive mask fins and snorkels. Was really wondering if we would have to lug that up the stairs.