Mailing postcards onboard?

Can you mail postcards onboard--- and if so, can you use US postage when going to the US? I assume you would have to buy foreign stamps when in Jamaica, Grand Cayman, or Cozumel, right? Thanks for your help.

I was told that the ship will mail them from each port you stop at. Just give them to someone at the purser's desk. I believe they do have stamps available for purchase on board. On our trip, I mailed 2 each day to my kids. They started receiving them about halfway through our trip, and got the last one 3 or 4 days after I had returned. Not too bad!

Amanda:)

You can mail postcards from the ship or letters. They do take a while to get back to the states and you do buy stamps from the desk for that island that you are docked at. It is cool to see the different stamps, they can be very pretty. Postcards are easy to get either onboard or in the ports. Of ocurse the selection is better in the ports rather than on the ship in the stores.

Susan

I asked onboard.. they said wait a day, at the time we were docked in St. Thomas, they said wait till we got back to San Juan, it would be faster!! They told my friend that as well, to wait, some places move faster then others. You can also ask them to hold it until you get back to Miami, (or whereever you are cruising from) that will always be fasted.

The Purser's desk has appropriate stamps, make sure though that you mail it that day, if you wait until the next day and your card with an arubian stamp goes in the mail when they are in the Caymans' the purser hangs on to it until they are back in aruba ( or whereever) so in stead of a month it might be longer!

-Reenieking

toronto Ont.

Cruising Alaska Sept 2005

Archived