Half Day in Nassau - Jan 6 - Seeking Advice

Opie

I am cruising (Carnival) with a large party reaching Nassau for one half day January 6. We are in port 7am - 2pm. My wife and I, two kids (9 & 4), and a bunch of others. Some of us have seen Atlantis before, some haven't. Given the small window and time of the year, what would be your recommendation for best use of time? We also stop at San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk - so we will probably have beach time other ports. That being said, I would consider an animal excursion. All advice appreciated!

In addition to the "What would you do" question, is this enough time to visit Blue Lagoon?

Edited by Opie

I am cruising (Carnival) with a large party reaching Nassau for one half day January 6. We are in port 7am - 2pm. My wife and I, two kids (9 & 4), and a bunch of others. Some of us have seen Atlantis before, some haven't. Given the small window and time of the year, what would be your recommendation for best use of time? We also stop at San Juan, St. Thomas, and Grand Turk - so we will probably have beach time other ports. That being said, I would consider an animal excursion. All advice appreciated!

In addition to the "What would you do" question, is this enough time to visit Blue Lagoon?

Do you all have to do the same thing???

As for Blue Lagoon.. you have to book thru the cruise ship as they have a contract with blue lagoon. If the cruise ship offers it.. then you have enough time. First encounter is 8:30 am.

Thx scubagirrl. Carnival isn't offering this excursion online so was going to book directly. They said if we took the 11am or 1pm ferry back we should make it for the 2pm departure. I'm still debating though - thinking of renting a boat for half a day. Or maybe the Melia or Wyndham. Would like to know how the construction is impacting Melia/Wyndham visitors.

Edited by Opie

Thx scubagirrl. Carnival isn't offering this excursion online so was going to book directly. They said if we took the 11am or 1pm ferry back we should make it for the 2pm departure. I'm still debating though - thinking of renting a boat for half a day. Or maybe the Melia or Wyndham. Would like to know how the construction is impacting Melia/Wyndham visitors.

At the moment, there isn't much impact, but that may change.. and quickly. Bahamar is due to open Dec 2014.. so the surrounding areas should be getting ready for opening over the next few months.

This would include the waterfront.

Our last trip to Nassau we did an island tour bus. We had been to Atlantis prior trip. The tour bus did include I believe like an hour at Atlantis, enough for us to go through the aquarium o r

Sorry hit send, the tour also went to a fort high up in the city where you had great photo ops looking at th out below, another straw Market, through the capital and talking tour of historic points and a ctpur guide with fabulous Bahamian humor. We did not book through cruise but went with locals when we got off the boat. Nassau has tons of local cruises, they do a booze cruise with all you can drink and a ride around the bay where they point out celebrity homes and island facts too. It's not the best port but there is lots to do if you like that sort of thing

Sorry hit send, the tour also went to a fort high up in the city where you had great photo ops looking at th out below, another straw Market, through the capital and talking tour of historic points and a ctpur guide with fabulous Bahamian humor. We did not book through cruise but went with locals when we got off the boat. Nassau has tons of local cruises, they do a booze cruise with all you can drink and a ride around the bay where they point out celebrity homes and island facts too. It's not the best port but there is lots to do if you like that sort of thing

Did you book with this person ahead of time or just grabbed someone when you got off of the ship. I am always concerned about just grabbing someone without recommendations. Afraid that it might be a scam. We are thinking that we want an individualized tour showing us scenery and more localized living. Suggestions anyone?