non stop united honolulu to denver thoughts

Mard940

hello all-

we are working on our return and the only non stop to Denver is with united at over $1000 pp. has anyone taken this flight- if so how "comfortable" is it - relative to maybe a southwest flight from denver to nyc ( or any other 4 hour flight). the other option is a flight to seatlle -stay overnight at a hotel and then continue to Denver the next day

We've flown a few times with United from Honolulu and Maui to Chicago, LAX & SFO. I find the seats really tight and I'm not a large person. I book aisle seats for each of us so that I don't get stuck in a middle seat.

How long is the direct flight to Denver?

hello all-

we are working on our return and the only non stop to Denver is with united at over $1000 pp. has anyone taken this flight- if so how "comfortable" is it - relative to maybe a southwest flight from denver to nyc ( or any other 4 hour flight). the other option is a flight to seatlle -stay overnight at a hotel and then continue to Denver the next day

There are direct flights I believe Alaskan from Seattle to Honolulu.

I've done direct flights to/from Honolulu utilizing Denver, San Fran, Los Angeles, St. Lake City, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, Minneapolis, Chicago, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Newark, and Atlanta.

Frankly Houston is my favorite.

None are fun in coach class since most airlines treat you so poorly and really don't give a hoot about you. Hawaiian Air is one of the better airlines.

Have paid for upgrade to coach plus and it makes it more bearable. I much prefer no-stop to 1-stop, and 1-stop to 2-stops. Each time you add a stop you increase the likelihood of lost luggage, missed connections, plane problems, schedule changes, and other discomforts.

Edited by CaribbeanBound

it is around 9 hours- as of now the other alternative is taking an overnight to Seattle or Los Angles and the first flight out to Denver in the AM

It's actually just under 7 hours nonstop. Keep in mind United uses a 757 which is 3-3 seating (aisle/middle/window), not the most comfortable for a long flight.

I have seen fares under $1500 for First class, so it might be worth an extra $500 to sit up front for that long of a flight if that is an option.